The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

A word of Advice and Caution

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
Good Day folks:
The TSC is proud to see that we are getting new videos posted by members. We are the only Shaving forum that does this with this level of success. We are also glad to see the promotion of the TSC in your videos per the Video Terms of Usage. I will not bore you with reviewing those TOU's as if you are posting videos you are aware of what is required to post videos here on this forum.

With the posting of videos, we allow the usage of our logo for intros and so forth, and with that comes some responsibility to the TSC and a certain level of required decorum by you in your dealing with the public, as when we are mentioned, or our logo is used, you are representing your membership here at the TSC, and the Reputation of the site.

Those of us that have been posting videos for some time, have to deal with the occasional bad comment, alternate beliefs and opinions, and downright rude comments. It is how we handle those comments that I want to address in this post.

Your Youtube Channel is yours, and we will not tell you how to administer it, nor will we tell you how to respond to those folks that leave comments on your channel. That being said however, when using any reference to the TSC, or it's logo, our reputation comes into play. As I am sure you are aware we monitor and review, not only your videos, but comments and responses that can affect the reputation that we have built here at the TSC

So, for the Advice:

1. Try to like all comments on your channel and respond in a timely manner. That will get you better results in searches and will show folks you are listening to them
  2. Never get into a conflict with someone who posts a comment, nor attack that commenter, you will NEVER win that battle, in the public eye.
  3. Never assume you know who is commenting, as it may be a member right here on the forum, thus causing bad blood that could bleed over here
  4. If you disagree with a comment that is made you are far better to delete it from view that create an argument
  5. If you find yourself dealing with a Spammer, unruly comments, or just plain rude folks, delete and report to You Tube
  6. Remember, your way is not the only way. You will get differing opinions and comments, DO NOT take them personal, say thank you and move on, or delete the comment
  7. When using our Name, or logo remember you represent the TSC, as well as yourself
Now, for the Caution:
  1. Please consider the advice above and look at the big picture
  2. We have granted permission for use of our logo in your videos, be cognizant that you are representing The Shaving Cadre Forum, It's members, and Chris, Chad & I as Owners, and our reputation.
  3. We will not interfere with your channel, unless comments made by you directly affect a member, the TSC, or anything that could shed a negative light on the TSC.
  4. If the above situation occurs and it bleeds over onto the forum or does harm to the reputation we have here at the TSC, we will investigate. If warranted, Logo and Video posting permissions may be suspended, and if it is becomes a chronic issue your membership here at the TSC may be suspended and or revoked.

Thank your in advance for your cooperation

Back