The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

A Briefcase full?

KJ, they are just jealous of us Williams admirers!

I'll admit that it took me a while to get it dialed in, but once I did, really the performance is excellent!

Then there are those like a friend of mine that lathered the crap out of the the 1st time he ever used it.

Man, I didn’t realize the cadre was full of so many Williams Haters!

Maybe you’re just getting back at me for my comments about GTB?

Never tried GTB. KY Dave (we gotta get numbers or something for all these Dave's) is sending me a sample, but I have no idea what it's like yet.

I've had 3 pucks of modern Williams. They were selling it downtown for 89 cents so I grabbed one. Couldn't get a lather out of it to save my life. PIF'd it. In all fairness, that was early when I started and I couldn't lather the fat either.

Read some of your posts on the other forum after some time and decided to try it again now that I could lather MWF and PDP. Bloomed it and still couldn't get a lather. Soaked it and it separated into some gelatinous goop that looked like some bad special effect and I threw it out.

Got one more, tried everything I knew short of using a wire brush and it just doesn't want to load enough to be worth using.

So I don't actually "hate" it, I just don't feel it is worth the excessive effort to get such a minimal result. I do still like the little bit of thin airy lather I got better than any lather I've gotten from Prorasso though. That stuff, in my opinion at least, has got to be the worst performing stuff on the market.

I’ve never tried it, but I see a lot of Williams skeet shooting in KJ’s future.

Not counting what is in my display case, I have 76 pucks of vintage.
The sideways pucks are modern, just used as spacers.

Okay I'll take the vintage pucks instead. I can make a puck of vintage last over 6 months!

The vintage I would like to try some day. If It's anywhere near as good as the vintage Old Spice, then it would be worth stock piling.
I have both and they are about the same performance wise. Probably some of th best soaps ever made!

I’ve never tried it, but I see a lot of Williams skeet shooting in KJ’s future.
What? Why would I waste it like that??

Nice PIF, I'm in!!!
LOL
Okay I'll take the vintage pucks instead. I can make a puck of vintage last over 6 months!
That’s 38 years worth of soap! You going to live that long, old man?
1f602.png

I get good results from modern Williams. It is good soap.
1f44d.png

That is quite the collection of Williams. I have one puck of the modern stuff. I have yet to break it out though. A combination of a little scared of it and not having a spare tin at this time. Both are easy to get past, but combined, they have stopped me thus far.

That is quite the collection of Williams. I have one puck of the modern stuff. I have yet to break it out though. A combination of a little scared of it and not having a spare tin at this time. Both are easy to get past, but combined, they have stopped me thus far.
i never put mine in a tin, I just toss it in a mug or something. Covering helps, but not really necessary.

Back