The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

A Briefcase full?

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Bingo Wizard
Concierge
Does anybody else keep a briefcase full of Williams, or is it just me?

I mean, you never know when you need to leave in a hurry, you want a bug out bag with the essentials!

Sir....the TSA would like to speak to you.
Believe it or not, the TSA did stop me for having too much soap in my carry on. (I went to Maggards). They said it was a problem because the tubs were more than 3 oz. But I was like, it’s soap...... it’s a solid, not a liquid! They said it didn’t matter and still fell under the rule. What?????!
I was still in the Air Force at the time and was in uniform. I was able to talk my way out of it. But I feel if I hadn’t been in uniform, I might have had to forfeit my soap.

Has bar code so semi vintage or new. I forget the designation on the labeling..............my guess is new. Here's my semi vintage. He explained to me before.

Was this a new purchase, or do you continue to add to your stockpile?
No, this is all old. I bought it a few years ago. A store had it for a really good deal, so I added 3-4 pucks to my cart every time I went. No more modern pucks for me. I’m set!

Is that vintage Williams or the new stuff?
All modern, but my stockpile of Vintage pucks is even bigger than that!

Not counting what is in my display case, I have 76 pucks of vintage.
The sideways pucks are modern, just used as spacers.

I was able to talk my way out of it. But I feel if I hadn’t been in uniform, I might have had to forfeit my soap.

Are you crazy? I would have said, "see ya, wouldn't want to be ya!" Ain't no one coming between me and my brand new soap...especially the TSA!

And for the record...I have exactly one puck of Williams...it ain't the vintage...and the only reason I have it is because I feel that it is necessary for a wet shave to own certain things. A puck of Williams is one of those things. That doesn't mean I'm going to use it.

Noble. But you really need to try a puck of vintage. It really is something special!

lol the only pick of Williams I have is a modern one you sent me when you offered that bonus prize in Dave’s blackout bingo game over at the other place. I still haven’t taken it out of the box yet.

lol the only pick of Williams I have is a modern one you sent me when you offered that bonus prize in Dave’s blackout bingo game over at the other place. I still haven’t taken it out of the box yet.

Ill do a Williams shave video once I get done with all these samples. Maybe that will encourage you all to break out the Williams!

The vintage I would like to try some day. If It's anywhere near as good as the vintage Old Spice, then it would be worth stock piling.

As for the modern stuff..... The only reason I can see to have it in a bug out bag is to throw at zombies as a weapon or distraction, but rocks would be easier to find without carrying them, and they lather just about as easily.

Man, I didn’t realize the cadre was full of so many Williams Haters!

Maybe you’re just getting back at me for my comments about GTB?

Back