The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

4th Annual February "One Blade" Challenge!

I think the GSB just hit the end of its sharpness. 62 shaves so far. Had to switch to the Wilkinson Sword with 43 shaves after less than a pass. Feel bad I couldn't get to at least 75 shaves with it. Oh well, I still have 85 blades left of GSBs.....so only 5,100 shaves until I need to buy some more.

211, these updates are probably boring. I'm just using this thread as a way to keep track.

I finally had to stop at 61 for the Gillette Silver Blue (ironic when you consider the home run record that was just broken). The blade loses its effectiveness some where around 45 or 50 shaves. Pushing it beyond that point was an interesting experiment but I think I've reached maximum value to effectiveness ratio.

The Wilkinson Sword is still doing ok at 49 shaves. I may see if it can get past the 61 mark.

As of this mornings shave I’m going to call it 245 shaves, 67% of a year. Today was the first shave that didn’t good, not good at all. Downright rough. Probably going to call it good on this blade, and be done with it… probably.

That blade is the Phil Kessel, Cal Ripken Jr. of razor blades.

Back