The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2024 Sumo September Contest

HOW IS THERE NO MONO-II on that last match.... WOW!!!! I feel Tobizaru got shafted! They clearly want a new Yokozuna and daddy's boy is who they think is best bet.

I can't find one article stating that Tobizaru should have lost. Anyone find anything justifying this travesty?

Perhaps an unpopular opinion. But we must talk about Hoshoryu. He always seems so concerned about demanding respect from his opponent and showing intimidation. But he's making a lot of mistakes on the Dohyo it seems. Also his mistake after losing today, he really seemed to upset the top judge ringside.

I have to say his chances are very good. Japanese are loathe to give declarative statements. My favorite is being told “we’ll see” when they mean no.😂

Damn....looks like I'm going to have to go back to my "research the wrestlers" method of choosing. This "click with your eyes closed" didn't work this time.

Back