The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2024 May TSC Sumo Contest

Here is some analysis of the tie-breaker question. Right now the Makuuchi leaders have 9 wins and the Juryo leaders have 11, for a total of 20. Worst case is 20, assuming none of them win any more of the next 3 matches, and best case is 26 if the winners have a perfect run over the next 3 days. So here is where we stand currently with everyone's guesses.

1716467368758.png

Leaderboard Makuuchi
9 wins:
Kotozakura
Onosato
Shonannoumi
Oshoma

8 wins:
Hoshoryu
Abi
Daieisho
Meisei
Mitakeumi
Kotoshoho
Takarafuji

So many rikishi who are so close, any of them could win.

Leaderboard Juryo
11 wins:
Endo
Wakatakakage
Onokatsu

Next best record is Chiyoshoma with 9 wins, and I'd say anyone other than the above 3 taking it is highly unlikely.

He was showing really solid sumo early on, then proceeds to basically beat himself in the ring.

Papayasu did the same today.
Yup two wrestlers I enjoy watching but do not pick for these contests... Ura and Takayasu

Out of town, will update when I get back tomorrow.

What a great sumo tourney.

So it appears we have to use our tie breaker. Using Price is Right rules, closest by not going over.... winner.... Spider

Great one indeed and the reaction of papasan on the win made it all the more memorable.

Back