The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2018 Tax Filing Nightmare

VA Comp plus social security equals no need to fill taxes for the first time in my adult life. Sitting in the no tax zone. Feels weird. Property and sales tax is rather high in New York, though. Now I can groan about being on a fixed income.

I figured I would add, that I did end up doing my taxes myself and we have a fairly complicated return.

our W2s, TSC Business, Referee which I treat as a sole proprietor, all the write-offs for those, investments, stock purchases and sells, and other small investments that we partake in.

We used Credit Karma which is doing premium tax filing software for FREE with free audit protection. I filed both fed and state and literally spent NOTHING to do it. IF you haven't filed yet you should look into it, and I will say it was one of the easiest software I have used.

Well, the wife finished the taxes today. Somehow we’re getting more back than last year. Given all I’ve heard, that’s not what I was expecting but I’ll take it!

I’ve revisited my taxes again since the last program update and STILL owe a crap ton but some how the amount is less than before. I hate it when the numbers change post update because I feel like a big ol GOTCHA is heading my way. You know you’ve made the big times when your tax bill is greater than you 19year olds annual income.

Back