The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

1914 Ever-ready......improved

The Monkey

"I See the Good in Every Shave"
Legacy
Today I broke out my favorite Shaver. A 1914 Ever-Ready with a Schick Twin blade installed. Yes that is right, I installed a Twin blade!

In order to do this you need a 1914 with the longer blade stops. The blade is held into place by the cap clamping down on the blade.

Has anyone else tried this?

Today I broke out my favorite Shaver. A 1914 Ever-Ready with a Schick Twin blade installed. Yes that is right, I installed a Twin blade!

In order to do this you need a 1914 with the longer blade stops. The blade is held into place by the cap clamping down on the blade.

Has anyone else tried this?

The blade doesn’t slide backward when you shave? You need to do some videos about this.

That exposure appears to be quite little and quite negative. How did it shave?

The blade doesn’t slide backward when you shave? You need to do some videos about this.

Believe me, the famous trait of a 1914 is that the top cap clamps down like a bear trap. Nothing moves once it is properly aligned and clamped down, including my thumb and finger nails!

As good as the twin blade is for certain Gem razors, nothing beats a carbon steel Gem blade in them.

BTW John, is that my rehab 1914 that I PIF to you with the lose handle?

Back