The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

$1.86 shaving brush

This is my favorite part:

• Probably the best entry level Badger brush on the planet and an overall incredible value!
  • Nylon hair. Best for shaving or dusting.

From best shave in turkey I loved the horse hair brushes they sold for about $1 something. YES horse hair and NO stink. I used to buy and give them away. Wish I could still get 1 or 2 to keep but they went away........

Death by pasta noodle brush for $1.86, I’m in!

No, wait...it’s not free shipping. Cheapskates.

At that price I wonder if it would even make it through one full three-pass shave.
Well, even if it lasted only one shave. You would have to use your Paladin for 100+ to be at the same dollar per shave value.

See here Dave, it's math. $220 Paladin/100 shaves = $2.20 per shave. Which is actually 18% more expensive per use than if you used a new one of these sweet nylon brushes for every shave. Now given how many brushes many people own, how long would it take to even get to those 100 shaves with one Paladin?

See here Dave, it's math. $220 Paladin/100 shaves = $2.20 per shave. Which is actually 18% more expensive per use than if you used a new one of these sweet nylon brushes for every shave. Now given how many brushes many people own, how long would it take to even get to those 100 shaves with one Paladin?
I just bought a WCS Slivertip during Cyber Monday. I am using that for at least a month to properly break it in before moving to other brushes. For that brush, I can hit the break even point before the end of the year, if you consider $1 per shave the break even, since I got the brush for $23. I could easily use a Paladin for 100 days (or 220 days for that matter) right after getting it to break it in and to realize value from it.

I just bought a WCS Slivertip during Cyber Monday. I am using that for at least a month to properly break it in before moving to other brushes. For that brush, I can hit the break even point before the end of the year, if you consider $1 per shave the break even, since I got the brush for $23. I could easily use a Paladin for 100 days (or 220 days for that matter) right after getting it to break it in and to realize value from it.
This is true. Just bustin' Dave's chops. I only will likely use a badger brush once a week at the most, I would likely never reach that rotating through the three badgers I have now.

This is true. Just bustin' Dave's chops. I only will likely use a badger brush once a week at the most, I would likely never reach that rotating through the three badgers I have now.
That is also why I don't usually pay attention to such things. I have enough brushes that sticking with one for multiple months would get boring after a while. Once I feel that my current brush is well broken in, I am going back to my synths for a bit. If I ever get a Paladin, I probably will use it for a month or two to make sure it is properly broken in and then use it occasionally from then on. I stopped worrying about the break even point of my gear when I realized that my gear had become a collection rather than just a few items.

Although, it might be nice to stick with a Paladin for 4-6 months. That would certainly be luxurious.

So, let me understand this. A nylon bear? Made by Dark Holler? I’m in... lol

So, let me understand this. A nylon bear? Made by Dark Holler? I’m in... lol
I think it is a shaved bear that makes nylon brushes...

This would explain the low cost. After all, a bear doesn't require much besides a few salmon or trout here and there.

I'll take 1 Paladin over 100 of them any day

Back