The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

你好 from Taiwan—Thrilled to Be Here

TaipeiJake

Shave Newbie
Hi All,

I‘m new to The Shave Cadre, I stumbled on the site via one of Jarrod’s videos.

I’m a longtime wetshaver, getting back into straights after a health issue derailed my use of an open blade for a couple years. I initially got into straight razor shaving out of historical interest, a love of the metalwork and other associated crafts in the razors (in a previous life I was an goldsmith and never lost my interest in such things), and a general desire to be quirky.

Just wanted to say “Hi”.

Greetings and Salutations Jake-

We are glad you found us! Love to hear more about what makes you tick - we have a bunch of straight razor shavers that share in your love of the craftsmanship of days of yore. Do you have any favorite razors in you collection or brands that you admire?

A quick note from the admin side: The forum is a wealth of info and good gentlemanly interests. Please make sure to familiarize yourself with our Terms and Conditions Linked Here: https://theshavingcadre.com/threads/tsc-terms-of-use-tou-revisions-updates-2-2021.3796/

Should you need any assistance in navigating the site or help please contact any of our friendly Concierge Staff.

@Spider , @NurseDave @heysi , @Fenster , @Scuttlesoap

or feel free to reach out to any of the owners of TSC
@BarberDave
@CVargo
@CBLindsay

Again - welcome and we’re happy you‘ve joined the party!

Last edited:
Welcome Jake! Glad you could join in!

What types of soaps and aftershaves do you enjoy?

Welcome! I bet you could do some really cool modifications to straights with that metalworking background!

Glad to have another straight razor shaver, looking forward to your posts!

Hi All,

I‘m new to The Shave Cadre, I stumbled on the site via one of Jarrod’s videos.

I’m a longtime wetshaver, getting back into straights after a health issue derailed my use of an open blade for a couple years. I initially got into straight razor shaving out of historical interest, a love of the metalwork and other associated crafts in the razors (in a previous life I was an goldsmith and never lost my interest in such things), and a general desire to be quirky.

Just wanted to say “Hi”.
Hi and welcome

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Back