The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

“Best” donuts?

GearNoir

“The Disney Princess’s Apprentice”
Found a random list in my news thread...sadly never been to the one they list for CA. Been to Leonard’s though and I must agree!

Anyone else? Confirm or deny your state’s “best”?

Hmm. VA is Ms Yoders Kitchen foodtruck somewhere in Richmond. Never heard of it and 90 mins away.

we have duck donuts and sugar shacks near us, in addition to Dunkin Donuts, krispy kreme, and an annapolis based donut/chinese food shop that is given rave reviews but kinda more novel than great. I guess it depends on what ya like in a donut.

Quality is inconsistent at the duck donuts.

i grew up on dunkin donuts ... and krispy kreme feels like its missing something for me.

krispy kreme feels like its missing something for me.
Agreed...they don’t taste like donuts at all to me...more like some kind of weird bread with cheap frosting.

Dunkin’s is still pretty great for a chain donut. I had those a lot growing up as well.

These days we mostly stick to the mom n pop Asian donut shops. Cheap and 100% tasty greatness.

Agreed...they don’t taste like donuts at all to me...more like some kind of weird bread with cheap frosting.

Dunkin’s is still pretty great for a chain donut. I had those a lot growing up as well.

These days we mostly stick to the mom n pop Asian donut shops. Cheap and 100% tasty greatness.
I was listening to a podcast last year (one of my favorites) where he talks about the asian donut scene on the west coast - really good story and made me realize i know so little about whats going on out there.

I’ve eaten more than one paczki from New Palace Bakery in Hamtramck, and they are delicious. But the best doughnuts I’ve ever had come from Donna’s Donuts in Flint. They are good enough that I made a special trip out there to pick up a few dozen for the addiction recovery center where I used to work on Christmas Eve morning, and they were devoured quickly lol.

Um not the best in my opinion. Although the peach fritters are good. I only think of the palace listed for utah If my two favorites are closed or sold out for the day.

My favorite donut shop doesn't even list closing hours. Their hours are 5AM til sold out. I've gone at 7AM for donuts before and they where closed.

I haven't been to any of the "favorites." But I used to get that magazine and it was very trendy. We cancelled our subscription to it because our local grocery stores didn't carry the ingredients we needed for a lot of their recipes.

I've been to the first two discussed in Portland. Voodoo and Blue Star, but not the new favorite they list.

Back