The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Heysi Missive

Arrived in Tennessee!!

My granddaughter is beautiful and cute. She smiled at me and I may have offered to buy her a car.

IMG_20240516_190345307_HDR.jpg

Went out today to an antique store and found a brush (@MarkB doesn't own ALL of them)

IMG_20240517_215816874.jpg

IMG_20240517_215859160.jpg

I'll do a proper rehab on it when I get home.

But before dinner, Hazel was fussy and I stepped up and worked my magic...

IMG_20240517_190046456.jpg

... 5 minutes and she was out. My skills are undefeated.

See ya later!

So how was my trip? you ask.......

It was fantastic. My granddaughter, Hazel, is the cutest little thing. Probably just slightly cuter than her mother was at that age.....but not by much. We spent 8 days getting to know her and helping to take care of her. And we also got to do some of the Tennessee things we hadn't yet done on previous trips.

One weekday, my daughter had to take Hazel for her first doctor's visit....so while they headed to Clarksville, we drove into Nashville and explored a bit of the downtown area. We walked along Broadway where all the honky-tonk bars are and listened to a bit of music. The views from the rooftop bar were impressive and the local beer was delicious. That evening we went to a Nashville Sounds baseball game. They're a AAA minor league team and it was a lot of fun. The scoreboard is in the shape of a guitar!!

At the end of the week, we had to clear out of the house as they were having other relatives coming to visit so we drove to Huntsville, Alabama and went to a Rocket City Trash Pandas baseball game. This was AA minor league baseball and you could tell that some of these guys aren't ready for the majors. But it was also lots of fun. The next day we headed to the US Space and Rocket Center. I love all things NASA and this was where they built all the rockets that NASA used during Mercury, Gemini and Apollo. I've now stood under two different Saturn V rockets. That never gets boring!!

Then the trip was over and we had to drive from Huntsville to Memphis, so we drove across the top of Mississippi.....a state I'd never been to before (I'd also never been to Alabama...so a two-fer). In Memphis we stopped on Beale Street and had some killer BBQ....and a tasty local beer! All in all it was a great trip. 3 states, over 800 miles, two baseball games and plenty of great memories.

Next trip is in late July to the Bahamas. With only one baseball game.

See ya Later!

Back