The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Show us your Paladins

Year of the Paladin.
giphy.gif

Is there a break in period? I have two shavemac silvertip s,and was gifted a Simpsons duke 3 a few years ago..it was so stiff, I ended up giving it away.
I read on the Paladin site all they sell is 2-band knots..

Is Lee Sabini involved with Paladin? Seems I read that somewhere.. I heard his Morris &Forndran brushes, and Rooney brushes are heirloom quality. One of my two Shavemac’s fell apart last week, after just GENTLY shaking the water out of it after my shave.. the knot came right out of the handle. I’m looking to invest in a top quality brush, have a 58 year birthday coming up this month,and think a Paladin would be a good choice. There was a guy in Maryland that was work8ng with Lee making M&F brushes, but he closed up his shop and retired

Which do you recommend,the bulb or fan knot? I’ve never owned a two band brush ,but heard great things about Paladin
Far prefer bulbs. Paladin pre-treats their knots. No break in period. Ready to go, no funk.
Is Lee Sabini involved with Paladin?
No. Used to be in early versions, but not for a while. Ken sources his own knots, and is very strict with his quality. There’s no finer brush than Paladin.

Far prefer bulbs. Paladin pre-treats their knots. No break in period. Ready to go, no funk.

No. Used to be in early versions, but not for a while. Ken sources his own knots, and is very strict with his quality. There’s no finer brush than Paladinthats

No. Used to be in early versions, but not for a while. Ken sources his own knots, and is very strict with his quality. There’s no finer brush than Paladin.
ok thanks Spider..

Is Lee Sabini involved with Paladin? Seems I read that somewhere.. I heard his Morris &Forndran brushes, and Rooney brushes are heirloom quality. One of my two Shavemac’s fell apart last week, after just GENTLY shaking the water out of it after my shave.. the knot came right out of the handle. I’m looking to invest in a top quality brush, have a 58 year birthday coming up this month,and think a Paladin would be a good choice. There was a guy in Maryland that was work8ng with Lee making M&F brushes, but he closed up his shop and retired
Sabini is no longer involved with Paladin as mentioned above. As to Sabini knots, I have two one in a Paladin and one in a Morris& Forndran. The one is the Paladin is blonde badger and I like it ok, the one in the fordran is a bastard honestly. Nice face feel but packed so dense that it both hogs water and does not release lather well. Frankly I don’t reach for it that often because of the hassle it is to use. I would not buy another Sabini knot. My preference is fan, and my two favorite brushes are the High Mountain white by SV and Koraat or the Paladin

Which do you recommend,the bulb or fan knot? I’ve never owned a two band brush ,but heard great things about Paladin
I'm on team bulb, the density of Paladin's knots makes bulbs just feel right.

FWIW, I'd never have thought a brush could be that much better to make it worth the cost, but since getting my first Paladin there was no turning back, it's everything I want in a brush and more. Other than when I travel, I never use anything other than the two Paladins I have.

FWIW, I'd never have thought a brush could be that much better to make it worth the cost, but since getting my first Paladin there was no turning back, it's everything I want in a brush and more. Other than when I travel, I never use anything other than the two Paladins I have.

Really ..they’re that good.? I’ve been wet shaving for 20 years, and have used Simpsons, Shavemac’s,Edwin Jagger,.I gave a few away,and am down to two Shavemac’s now..I’ve never used a 2-band before,but it seems like that’s the new wave in wet shaving.. I’ve been emailing Pam at Paladin, and am considering a 26 mm Samurai..I’m a big guy (6ft 3 in) and have big hands..Pam said 5he Samurai handle is large enough,so it would be easier for me to hold onto.

Really ..they’re that good.? I’ve been wet shaving for 20 years, and have used Simpsons, Shavemac’s,Edwin Jagger,.I gave a few away,and am down to two Shavemac’s now..I’ve never used a 2-band before,but it seems like that’s the new wave in wet shaving.. I’ve been emailing Pam at Paladin, and am considering a 26 mm Samurai..I’m a big guy (6ft 3 in) and have big hands..Pam said 5he Samurai handle is large enough,so it would be easier for me to hold onto.

Really ..they’re that good.? I’ve been wet shaving for 20 years, and have used Simpsons, Shavemac’s,Edwin Jagger,.I gave a few away,and am down to two Shavemac’s now..I’ve never used a 2-band before,but it seems like that’s the new wave in wet shaving.. I’ve been emailing Pam at Paladin, and am considering a 26 mm Samurai..
I’ve used Simpson and Shavemac, and far prefer Paladin. My Paladin Stable is well over 20 brushes now.

So I decided to ahead and order a Paladin. 26 mm samurai in tortoise..I’ll let you guys know how I like it

Back