The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Darwin/personna
Blackbird/synth
Darwin Shave soap/aftershave
Alum
Lavender wh
Lemon Lavender EdP

B1BE0902-9D5C-4422-B7C4-FF2619E7A51F.jpeg
A nice early morning shave with the “Darwin” Matchy Matchy set”

Lemon, lavender goodness. Nice 3 pass shave and a nice finish as well

Have a good day folks

Essence by Tedalus/ Feather Pro guard
Sorrentino TSC Annv
Stirling Island Line Shave soap/ aftershave
Alum
Quinns
Talc
Panama Daytona EDT
01F18F57-EA88-4816-9BBC-FC2D73FF14AF.jpeg
Going to be a hot day in the old Pueblo, so a lime island shave seemed appropriate. The “Wraith” on whiskey removal duty and Stirling as always provides a wonderful surface for that razor to glide around on me.

To go all matchy matchy, the Sorrentino Tsc anniversary brush and finished with a normal cast of characters and a very nice Italian citrus EDT with the Panama Daytona

Have a good day folks

New Set 1st Shave

Blackland Vector / Persona
Matt DeRuiter Purple Neon/synth
Seaforth Roman Spice Shave soap
Alum
QuinnsPink Grapefruit Orange rind
Seaforth Roman Spice Aftershave / EdT
Talc

187AFCE8-94FB-4644-90BD-7EDA2A5FE63C.jpeg
Very excited about this new Seaforth offering from Dennis at Spearhead Shaving

With grapefruit, apple, Birchwood, geranium, jasmine with a touch of spice and frankincense on the tail end. Literally all the wonderful fragrances in my wheelhouse.

The one thing noticeable in comparison to the other offerings by Seaforth, is the Soap base very, very thick and creamy so in my opinion than any of his other soaps. Strong fragrance, however, much water needs to be added to make this soap, a slick usable lather, which is huge and cushion probably the largest that I’ve seen in any soap maker.

Residual slickness chart so much so that you could literally shave just with the residual slickness from the water.

The aftershaves and the fragrance bumped it up, a huge notch, and some two hours later still a wonderful wonderful fragrance, and although these fragrance notes seem like they would not, they certainly do.

I was worried that, and the spices would make this heavy, but indeed, this could be worn as a wonderful summer scent or one in the winter very very classy in nature

Personally, after the first look, I think that this will rival my favorite scent of his, which is Heather. Maybe even better time will tell.

So the three passes were fantastic DBS with the vector very impressed with this new soap

Will have a video review on this Sunday

Have a good day folks

Blackland Tradere / Persona
Sorrentino Corleone /synth
Seaforth Roman Spice Shave soap
Alum
QuinnsPink Grapefruit Orange rind
Seaforth Roman Spice Aftershave / EdT
Talc

B0E6AE5B-465B-4E10-9E31-3EE989094D1E.jpeg
Day #2 with the Roman Spice and as expected just wonderful. Tried an alternate brush and razor today, before my video review tomorrow, and noticed the same characteristics in lather and soap loading.

A very sticky proto lather and will require much less loading time and a TON of water. In fact, I could not break this soap at ALL.

It should also be noticed, that this soap has more cushion than any soap I have ever used, and more residual slickness both with and without water.

This stuff is thick. I also concentrated on post shave and skin nourishing and this is out of the park. Fragrance is a good four out of five and remains that way and then bumped up to a five out of five when you add the aftershave and EDT.

More use, and experimentation, however, as mentioned yesterday with the fragrance notes, I do believe that this is Dennis’ finest creation

Also has a shot at being the top shave in the den. Which is a very tall, considering that CBL has held that spot for a long time.

Hope everybody has a wonderful Saturday and again will be doing a comprehensive video review tomorrow

On the homefront, we will not be having a zoom call as normally scheduled tomorrow as we are preparing the site for our new motorhome that we’re picking up on Monday but will continue our zoom calls next week

Have a great day

J. Lindy Gold Dollar Mod 13/16
Matt DeRuiter Purple Neon / Amack Synth
Seaforth Roman Spice Shave Soap, Aftershave, EdT
Alum
Quinn's Pink Grapefruit / Orange Rind WH
Talc

05.19.2024.JPEG
Day 3 with the Roman Spice. See above, and a full Video Review uploading shortly. A big Shout out to everyone who reached out in Condolences of Maui

05.20.2024 - No shave... Whirling Dervish Day, Picke up Motocoach, MVD, and a ton of other stuff

05.21.2024.JPEG
Cleaned said Motorcoach inside and out, ran to the store for a few items, installed some essential communication gear hung some photos and by the time I was ready for a shave, it was a late afternoon shower and shave. Did a video ( uploading ) and getting ready for the Finals of Wodka Wars on Drinks and Dave.

I am going back to the shop tomorrow to rest.....

Have a Good evening folks

986E7F43-C88F-433E-933A-42A7DB92A5E4.jpeg
Well, my work week begins, and after this weekend, it’s nice to get back to relax. What a hectic couple of days. However, we are now motorhome owners, and that’s what most of the weekend was spent doing.

Today I start a week of Seaforth Products. After finishing the weekend with Roman spice, this will be a nice comparison of all of Dennis’s product.

Clean and smooth and only a two past shave today as I shave so late in the afternoon yesterday

Have a great day, everybody

E0184512-D560-4C16-B308-FF0AA3C2889D.jpeg
Day #4 with Seaforth

I was lucky to have been a beta tester with this flavor. Dennis from Spearhead was kind enough to Ask for my feedback. It is a wonderful soap and scent with Bergamot, plum, jasmine, leather oakmoss, incense and sandalwood.

To me it is more of a fall weather fragrance, however a powerhouse to be sure. Shades of Roman spice but heavier. In recent conversations with Dennis it was discovered that is shares the same base as Roman Spice, however RS is cooked a bit longer giving it a softer texture. Both are super slick and nourishing. The Roman Spice is a tad slicker, requires less to load, and has a slight edge on residual slickness

Both, will take a TON of water and are nearly impossible to break

The Blackbird Ti was on whisker duty today, and left nothing but a porcelain smooth surface

As mention earlier a fragrance bomb so a few splashes and spritzes, and the world knows the Black Watch is scenting the world LOL

Have a great Friday Folks

Day 5 with Seaforth

DDE31449-470C-4009-A142-83EE91590880.jpeg
My fifth day with Seaforth, today a much more aquatic send very reminiscent of BdC

Decided to bring out the Gillette British aristocrat number 15 for whisker duty. And the Sorrentino G.I.D. Barzini. For lather application duty.

With geranium, Citron, rosemary, coumarin, Oak, Moss, and white musk , a very fresh clean, but very powerful fragrance made it a wonderful shave experience

After the five days, I do think that the Roman spice reigns supreme, but all of Seaforth offerings are fantastic

Three passes today, and DSBBS. Some of the aftershave, some talc, and the EDT of Fleur de France

And off for my last day at the shop for the weekend

Have a great day folks

Essence by Tedalus/ Feather Pro guard
Sorrentino TSC Annv
Stirling Island Line Shave soap/ aftershave
Alum
Quinns
Talc
Panama Daytona EDT
View attachment 131370
Going to be a hot day in the old Pueblo, so a lime island shave seemed appropriate. The “Wraith” on whiskey removal duty and Stirling as always provides a wonderful surface for that razor to glide around on me.

To go all matchy matchy, the Sorrentino Tsc anniversary brush and finished with a normal cast of characters and a very nice Italian citrus EDT with the Panama Daytona

Have a good day folks
If you like limes, you should try Trumpers limes cream, and their limes skin food..
Shaver bliss!

3E0DE8BE-6A5A-482B-A71C-BA58DD584365.jpeg
Had to go “Matchy-Matchy” today with the new Yaqi brush. All purple today with the Roman Spice

3-passes and DSBBS with the Vector. The soap and fragrance I have already spoke of and it is wonderful

A new week at the shop, as well as, a week of +100 degree temps. Ya….. it is here.

Have a good Wednesday folks

728EF2E9-845C-441D-9911-DA3709209214.jpeg
A darn near perfect shave today. Woke up a little bit early and figured well. I might as well do a straight razor shave today using some of the best from Scotland and of course the Grail raiser the Dorko 1151.

Good stuff all the way around

On the homefront, we have the coach pretty much outfitted the way we want, and are ready to start taking some road trips, unfortunately with temps in the 100s it makes it a little bit of a pain to do any work on the coach during the day. Thankfully, we’re on our shore power at the house so we can do work on it in the evening to make it our own with the little touches. Such is our life as we approach the surface of the sun

Good busy day at the shop today with eight shaves on the docket along with other haircuts and services
Going to be a nice busy day, but at least I’m 72° air-conditioning

Have a good day all

Back