The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

I think what Bruce meant was that the amount that he used in the 70s/80s would last ME a lifetime!

Dave, that model is called the Heavy Flat Top, and is nicknamed the G-Bar.
I just took the name from the manual in the razor case either way it is noce

Darwin/ Personna
Sorrentino Barzini
CBL drinks and Dave’s shave soap / aftershave
Floris Islay EdP

6D1DE7E6-407F-4E56-8DFA-2A4304E0A33D.jpeg
Signature show shave today with the drinks and Daves

The CBL namesake provided a wonderful lather and the aggressive Darwin removed. Any chance of any whiskers sticking around?
DSBBS all the way. finished off with the standard cast of characters, including alum and talc, and then topped everything off with the wonderful scotchy, smokey goodness of Floris Islay!

Have a great Friday folks

2F77B134-60F6-482A-9467-2ADA59F2969C.jpeg
Happy my Friday and your Saturday. Felt like a Aventus Clone day. a great shave with the ethos, as well as the blackbird, shave, brush, and blackbird titanium

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. We have bingo starting tomorrow so if you want to get signed up, please do so. Crazy busy day in the shop with a ton of shaves very much. Looking forward to this weekend.

Enjoy your day

Klas Tornblom 4/8
Sorrentino Luca Brasi
Sapone di Paulo Sweet Orange Shave Soap
Alum
Fine L' Orange Noir Aftershave
Talc
Royall Mandarin APL

04.21.2024.jpeg
Ahh Sunday, the 1st of a nice weekend, Bingo has started, some coffee, and the 1st cigar. All is well with the world. How could it be better? Well.... With a great shave of course, and it is all about the Orange.

Temps are heating up here in the Old Pueblo and Orange is a good way to temper the heat. Today it was all over the map. A bit of sweet orange, some orange dirt, and some mandarin to top it all off. Mr. Tornblom and Mr. Brasi did the heavy lifting. The results a very nice DSBBS shave.

Hope everyone is have a blessed Sunday

( Video posting soon )

Brown Razor Works 5/8
Paladin PK-47 in Jade
Stirling West Indes Lime Shave Soap / Aftershave
Ethos Fresh Lime Skin Food
Alum
CBL Litsea Cubebe Witch Hazel
Clubman Talc
Royall Lyme

04.22.2024.jpeg
Yes, another barber errand day. With temps in the 90's more citrus was required, and Lime, especially this lime is wonderful. with the "Green theme" today all went perfect and a very nice DSBBS shave.

(Video posted soon)

Have a Good Monday Folks

This

FC8EE388-42C9-4380-9E63-F7EC6F16A20E.jpeg
Well, as I begin my week at the shop, I figured a nice trip to Scotland would be in order using all Arran products made for a wonderful shave.

The choosing today was Machrie. Blend of sea salt and rock rose. A nice representation of the coasts of Scotland.

The Blackland Osprey got the call up for whisker removal duty, as did the Sorrentino synthetic

Hope everybody enjoys their Wednesday

39D833BC-664E-4EE3-96F8-439F1F0FB3B1.jpeg
As hard as it is to believe, I have never shaved with Zingari Man, nor the Sego Base. One of my YouTube viewers Jason Young sent this to me to try and review. Usually before my video reviews, I like to shave with it for a few times.

I’ve been looking for a soap that has a nice Merlot or Cabernet wine type of scent. This one gets pretty close with wine, leather and spices. It does a pretty good job. I’ll be it just a little bit synthetic.

Actual a Cabernet that’s been spilt on a lambkin leather jacket not that bad. Stays strong throughout all passes. And provides a very, very nice lather that the vector slid around on.

Three passes and DSBBS. I may have to investigate Zingari’s Catalog. Every day.

This fragrance, however, is a little funky to try to match and aftershave and a fragrance with, however the Reuzel and the Elixir by Penhaligon’s did a great job

A little talk and off to the shop for my Tuesday

Have a good day everybody

4BB05B1E-3EAB-48F6-AE66-8E0A8DFCF5B3.jpeg
Very nice shave today with the Darwin set and adding a little bit of Italian Bergamot to finish it all off

Hope everyone enjoys their Friday

2CFAD68F-BCBB-4A9B-8F3F-130E05FF0134.jpeg
A quick rare 2-Pass shave for the day. Cella Bio is a nice face loving fragrance and provides a quick lather and good slickness , and cushion for the Tedalus to skate around on. Even with 2-passes a nice BBS shave for my Friday

Looking forward to the weekend!

Have a nice Saturday folks

Cella Bio is a nice face loving fragrance and provides a quick lather and good slickness , and cushion for the Tedalus to skate around on. Even with 2-passes a nice BBS shave for my Friday
So many shavers with Cella Disorder! Actually… is this Bio stuff a strong/medium/light aroma? Does the aroma linger? Asking for a friend. 😇

04.29.2024.JPEG
It is Monday Boys and Girls, and you know what that means!!!! That's right Barber Errand Day. The fin day of the week when I box the compass all over the city dong various errands, shopping etc, etc, etc. Also usually a Lunch date with my Bride @AvocadoQueen . Today it might be sushi.

With that a quick shave and video today with SMDF from Razor Rock. I explain it as AdP with added heavy cream, or even a cream Limoncello. Just perfect. The Barzini by @Smattayu was on paint duty today, and a new blade in the Vector and a nice 3-pass DSBBS shave. Topped off with some 70th and ready to tackle the traffic. Most of our "wonderful" winter visitors have made their annual migration back to the land of "Ya You betcha" and so the roads are nice.

There is a benefit to 90+ degree temps and that is it.

Hope everyone has a nice Monday

(Video Posted and it is a "Soap Box" extravaganza LOL )

Back