The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Darwin/personna
Blackbird/synth
Darwin Shave soap/aftershave
Alum
Lavender wh
Lemon Lavender EdP

B1BE0902-9D5C-4422-B7C4-FF2619E7A51F.jpeg
A nice early morning shave with the “Darwin” Matchy Matchy set”

Lemon, lavender goodness. Nice 3 pass shave and a nice finish as well

Have a good day folks

Essence by Tedalus/ Feather Pro guard
Sorrentino TSC Annv
Stirling Island Line Shave soap/ aftershave
Alum
Quinns
Talc
Panama Daytona EDT
01F18F57-EA88-4816-9BBC-FC2D73FF14AF.jpeg
Going to be a hot day in the old Pueblo, so a lime island shave seemed appropriate. The “Wraith” on whiskey removal duty and Stirling as always provides a wonderful surface for that razor to glide around on me.

To go all matchy matchy, the Sorrentino Tsc anniversary brush and finished with a normal cast of characters and a very nice Italian citrus EDT with the Panama Daytona

Have a good day folks

New Set 1st Shave

Blackland Vector / Persona
Matt DeRuiter Purple Neon/synth
Seaforth Roman Spice Shave soap
Alum
QuinnsPink Grapefruit Orange rind
Seaforth Roman Spice Aftershave / EdT
Talc

187AFCE8-94FB-4644-90BD-7EDA2A5FE63C.jpeg
Very excited about this new Seaforth offering from Dennis at Spearhead Shaving

With grapefruit, apple, Birchwood, geranium, jasmine with a touch of spice and frankincense on the tail end. Literally all the wonderful fragrances in my wheelhouse.

The one thing noticeable in comparison to the other offerings by Seaforth, is the Soap base very, very thick and creamy so in my opinion than any of his other soaps. Strong fragrance, however, much water needs to be added to make this soap, a slick usable lather, which is huge and cushion probably the largest that I’ve seen in any soap maker.

Residual slickness chart so much so that you could literally shave just with the residual slickness from the water.

The aftershaves and the fragrance bumped it up, a huge notch, and some two hours later still a wonderful wonderful fragrance, and although these fragrance notes seem like they would not, they certainly do.

I was worried that, and the spices would make this heavy, but indeed, this could be worn as a wonderful summer scent or one in the winter very very classy in nature

Personally, after the first look, I think that this will rival my favorite scent of his, which is Heather. Maybe even better time will tell.

So the three passes were fantastic DBS with the vector very impressed with this new soap

Will have a video review on this Sunday

Have a good day folks

Back