The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

ZOOOLOGIST??

Has anyone sampled any of the Zooologist fragrances?

They have added a lot of them since they first collaborated with Chiseled Face. With a full spectrum of scent notes it is difficult to figure out what to expect and don't want to drop $8 per 2ML sample if they turn out to be extremely feminine or something like that. Would be curious to hear thoughts on these interesting scents.

NurseDave did a great review the one thing you need to know about the senses they are very polarizing you’ll either love them or you will hate them so samples are the way to go for what it’s worth my favorite is Civet, Panda and Bat. With that being my favorite they are very strong very unique but again very polarizing good luck

I will echo what has been said or suggested...The samples offer a great value because the scents are STRONG and a little goes a long way. The scents are very unique as such they are quite polarizing. I find the ones I have tried have a tendency to be seasonally appropriate too, some are big no goes in the heat but are very enjoyable in cooler weather.

I have the fragrance oil that is used to make "hummingbird" (My kids wanted to make my wife a custom EDP for mothers day) which is also the only scent I have from the groomatorium collaboration. That scent is sold as a ladies frag (and it is enjoyed by my wife) but it is also a very decent fruity floral scent that CAN be enjoyed by men. I most definitely would not worry about any scent being too feminine unless it is listed as being for women.

I don't own any bottles yet. I think my wife would be fine if it stayed that way. So much stuff out there so no reason for her to get something she's iffy on. But on my wishlist are Elephant, Camel, and Panda.

These Zooologist scents are kinda out there with uniqueness. Did get a chance to sniff Panda at Maggards when it was released but it seemed a bit feminine with a green Apple, floral, aquatic sort of way.

it seems that cost always plays a factor and is hard to shell out big bucks for a cologne when so many great ones can be had for under $40. Fragrances/colognes is the next logical rabbit hole to fall down but need to take it slow rather than a nose dive.

Back