The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Your House.... according to Google Street View/Satellite View.

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Bingo Wizard
Concierge
Just a fun little thread. Take a screenshot of your house in Google Street view or Satellite view, or both. Edit out your address, no need for that. Just a fun pic.

I'm out in the country, so the imagery of my house is quite old. Funny thing about the street view, this pic must have been taken while the house was being built. The deck isn't even on the house, as you can tell by the door that's halfway up the side of the house!

Street View:

390.png

The satellite view is more recent, but still from before I bought the house, which was about two and a half years ago. (street names redacted) Here is the outline of my property. I have 7 acres.

390a.png

And zoomed in on my house as close as I can get.... you can see the deck on the South and East sides. And you can see my tiny pond, which is about as big as the house.

390b.png

Interesting thread. This is the home we own. Taken around Christmas of 2013 given the lights on the house. Since then both of those cars are no longer. The front "lawn" is now river rocks, the house is a different colour and the tree with the lights in front died and is gone.

1585673043874.png

Since then both of those cars are no longer. The front "lawn" is now river rocks, the house is a different colour and the tree with the lights in front died and is gone.
So, a complete makeover! 😜

The house and acreage belong to my father, we just rent. He has about 16 miniature herferd cattle.

Deb and I have two horses. We haven’t invested in time, material or livestock because my father goes back and forth about selling it. He wants way too much and it’s outside of my price range. So we just make use of it. One day we will have are own small place though.

Nice. I love being out in the country where it's quiet, and there's less people!

Indeed. I spend an hour each way to work, but evenings and weekends are nice. Quiet with clear skies. We have an 8” telescope that we kinda fumble around with and enjoy the stars and planets.

Quiet with clear skies. We have an 8” telescope that we kinda fumble around with and enjoy the stars and planets.
I love my skies at night. Still some city lights off on the horizon, but pretty dark overhead. I've had some small telescopes. Eventually I'll get a nice one. Just use binoculars most of the time.

I love my skies at night. Still some city lights off on the horizon, but pretty dark overhead. I've had some small telescopes. Eventually I'll get a nice one. Just use binoculars most of the time.

We also catch a bit if city light, but it’s manageable. I picked ours up on Craigslist dirt cheap from a college kid. None of the fancy computer stuff, so you have to manually drive it. I also use starchart on my phone to help finds stuff. My hands are not steady enough for binos.

Here is both the satellite and street views of my place. Both were taken before I bought it.
Screenshot_20200402-221552~2.pngScreenshot_20200402-221652~2.png
The huge tree is also gone. It is the one that fell about 18 months ago.

Back