The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Yard work

Cvargo

“They call me Chingo”
Owner
Legacy
I didn't shave today as my wife had other plans.

I mowed the front and back of the house, trimmed trees, pulled rail road ties as my wife didn't want planter boxes any longer, ripped up sod, got a quote to remove pine trees, and removed cement barriers. Then the rain started so still need to level the garden area.

IMG_20190420_151007682_HDR.jpgIMG_20190420_151010625_HDR.jpgIMG_20190420_150953312_HDR.jpgIMG_20190420_151133651_HDR.jpgIMG_20190420_151145011_HDR.jpgIMG_20190420_151029261_HDR.jpg

Tough day and been there done that blister popping. These are Railroad Cross Ties though (I've worked with tons of them)......those looked like 2x4's and 6's. Someone needs a beer now !!

I didn't take a picture of the railroad ties I did dig up.. the thunder got pretty heavy. I'll grab one tomorrow. Those pieces of wood are the upper part of the planter boxes. The rail ties where the base. I put the beds in 4 years ago and she changed her mind. Ugh

I didn't take a picture of the railroad ties I did dig up.. the thunder got pretty heavy. I'll grab one tomorrow. Those pieces of wood are the upper part of the planter boxes. The rail ties where the base. I put the beds in 4 years ago and she changed her mind. Ugh
Gotcha, that was a ton of work. Extra Brownie points earned (y)

Looks like you need to invest in some work gloves. Geier gloves never do you wrong.

We have had unusually excessive weed growth this year because of the rains. For the most part I’ve had my kids keep up on it but there is still more to do. My outdoor Honey-do’s have been more about waking up the pool, fixing the spa, fixing the sprinkler valves and timer and general post winter repairs. Today I swapped out ceiling fans in my room and swapped our daughters old fan for our old one. I started putting the fan blades together last night so today was pretty easy all things considered. My wife’s been recovering from surgery so I’ve been doing a little more cleaning lately too. Fortunately the back yard pool area was only a days work and it looks good now. I’ll need to fix drip and probably a sprinkler here and there but I’m thinking the yard work will be minimal this year.

Back