The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Written and Video Product Reviews We need your input!

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
As mentioned in a recent video we are going to be giving both of the above categories their own sub-forums for ease of use and as a one stop reference point for these reviews. The video format will remain the same, other than having it’s own home. The written product reviews will have a more uniform look, so any member researching product can find a non-bias reference for various products. There will be a template we will ask everyone to use when doing a review. This is where you come in. We would like category suggestions to include in this template. We want your input.
This will be a sliding scale from “0-10” and users will simply rate that category with a circle or check mark( will be determined later )

There will be a small comment section for final thoughts as well. So please let us know what line item categories you would like to see

Please post them here. We appreciate your input

thanks

Last Call Cadre for suggestions for the New Review Template we will be implementing, please let us know

Honestly, I rarely do reviews, and when I do, I just like describing my impressions rather than rating on a scale. I don’t really know how to quantify things and honestly rate something. I spend most of my time talking about scent rather than performance, as that is the driver for my purchases.

Yeah, I get Spider's point, and then there are a lot of nebulous factors, like did you just use it once and assign numbers that probably would chance if you actually used it enough.....

If I were to give a rating scale in this format, I'd pick 1 -3 Latherability / Slickness / Residual Slckness / Skin Feel / Scent
And leave the rest for the subjective comments.

Basically crap / good / great
Having seen other score systems that try to tease out too much, were people take seriously score of 89 vs 90, IMO it just doesn't make sense in real life.

Honestly, I rarely do reviews, and when I do, I just like describing my impressions rather than rating on a scale. I don’t really know how to quantify things and honestly rate something. I spend most of my time talking about scent rather than performance, as that is the driver for my purchases.
Understood and Thanks for the input, this is more as a shopping guide so items would be on a scale of 1-10 based on your impressions of the catagories, as well as a subjective narrative as well
Yeah, I get Spider's point, and then there are a lot of nebulous factors, like did you just use it once and assign numbers that probably would chance if you actually used it enough.....

If I were to give a rating scale in this format, I'd pick 1 -3 Latherability / Slickness / Residual Slckness / Skin Feel / Scent
And leave the rest for the subjective comments.

Basically crap / good / great
Having seen other score systems that try to tease out too much, were people take seriously score of 89 vs 90, IMO it just doesn't make sense in real life.

thanks for the Thoughts. It is really a survey and rating system and would be structured on a scale and over time the various product data would be merged into a more accurate representation across a wide swath of reviews. Also based on your comments a line item would be added to have the review annotate how many times a product had been used at the time of the review. We will have a rough draft up for comments soon

Thanks

Back