The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Workout of the Day

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
images

"Working Out" brings to mind Arnold or Lou doing set after set of reps after reps of seemingly impossible lifts that encompass barbells, plates, benches, and other gym equipment.

HD-wallpaper-pumping-iron-arnold-schwarzenegger-schwarzenegger-weightlifting.jpg
ferrigno.jpg

But in reality, a work out is anything that provides some kind of movement and maybe you plan (or maybe you don't). It's not about losing weight or getting pumped. Though, it certainly can include those things as well. It's about getting, staying, and/or being healthy. Many of you have heard my weight loss stories from 2018 or so. I lost 70 ponds then. What were my workouts? An afternoon stroll around a park near where I work for about 30-45 minutes. Nothing strenuous...nothing super sweaty.

2774382746.jpg

I want to create a space where people can list their workout of the day. Reasons? Just because. Really though...list your workout to keep you accountable. List it so that others might learn of a new routine. Show off what you are doing so you can brag about how much you lifted it or how far you ran. Post what kind of exercise you did, no matter how insignificant you think it is. There will be days that I might post my reps and sets of resistance training. There might be days I post the stretches I do. There is no wrong answer here. Post away. If you have questions...ask them.

I hope you all find this thread at least slightly interesting or rewarding.

this-upward-facing-dog-pose-is-great.jpg
depositphotos_72995519-stock-photo-fat-man-with-dumbbell.jpg
baby-pushups.jpg
images

Should have made this thread yesterday...but I didn't.

First thing in the morning did a 30 minute ruck.

Yesterdays resistance training included:

Deadlift: 10 reps @ 95 pounds
Bench Press: 15 @ 95
Lat Pull Down: 15 @ 70

Core Exercises:

Pallof Press: 2 sets each side 10 reps @ 35 pounds

Suitcase Carry with 40 pound dumbbell - Twice each side for 20 seconds (walking)

Then a cycle of each of these exercises - 10 each continue to the next exercise. Two cycles

Modified Curl Ups
Side Plank (each side)
Bird Dogs (each side)

Today's workout...

First thing in the morning was a 30 minute Ruck. Not sure how much weight is in the pack. Need to weigh it.

Back Squats: 2 sets of 15 @ 135 pounds
Overhead Press: 1 set of 15 and 1 set of 10 (need to work on those a bit more) @ 55 pounds
Bent Over Row: 2 sets of 15 @ 45 pounds

Alight workout today. Just my core exercises and some stretches.

Calf Stretches
Hamstring Stretches

Modified Curl Ups
Side Plank (each side)
Bird Dogs (each side)

2 sets of 10 each cycled one exercise right after the other.

Deadlift: 2 set of 15 reps @ 95 pounds
Bench Press: 2 sets of 15 @ 95
Lat Pull Down: 2 sets of 15 @ 70

Pallof Press: 2 sets each side 10 reps @ 40 pounds

Suitcase Carry with 40 pound dumbbell - Twice each side I honestly don't know how far it is or how long I walked. It's a distance in my gym so maybe I should measure)
Farmer's Carry 40 pound dumbbell in each hand - Once, same length as suitcase carry.

Back