The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Why was M*A*S*H such a Great Show?

I will still come across MASH on TV from time to time and always get sucked. So I will watch it for like three or four hours at a time. I liked it when I was a kid and din't quite understand all that entailed. But today I can appreciate it more having some of the experiences I have. I will admit...there are times with this show that I audibly cheering for a character or a an out come. And other times the show will bring me to tears invoking emotions from times in my life. I think @HMan hit it on the head...it was a show that was relate-able to a lot of people...especially at the time it came out.

Now...can we get a thread started about Hee-Haw! 🤪

I will still come across MASH on TV from time to time and always get sucked. So I will watch it for like three or four hours at a time. I liked it when I was a kid and din't quite understand all that entailed. But today I can appreciate it more having some of the experiences I have. I will admit...there are times with this show that I audibly cheering for a character or a an out come. And other times the show will bring me to tears invoking emotions from times in my life. I think @HMan hit it on the head...it was a show that was relate-able to a lot of people...especially at the time it came out.

Now...can we get a thread started about Hee-Haw! 🤪
It is on Hulu and part of the regular rotation of old tv shows we watch. Hawkeye is hands down the one character that makes the show great.

I was a kid and my dad was a campus minister when the show went off the air. I vaguely remember being brought to a watch party he organized for the students and folks dressed up in olive drab. Love Alan Alda

Back