The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Who collects Shaving coins?

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
I love collecting all kinds of shaving items, but some of my favorite items are the ones you can't use for shaving. It's the memorabilia, the advertising and promotional pieces that I love the most. Once such type of item are coins. Most of these coins were used as advertisements, and since many were substantial they were also carried around in the pocket "for luck". Some were even made to be coupons.

You got coins? Bring them out, let's see them!

These Gillette coins are some of the coolest ones. Big and hefty, obviously made to keep with you. Made as a flipper coin, any time you needed to do a heads/tails challenge, you always had one handy.
IMG_8394.jpg
IMG_8393.jpg

As always, anything that says Williams, is automatically one of my favorites. Interesting that one is a campaign piece, I wonder if he was sponsored by Williams? May they did this for any candidate, just to help get their own mane out. The other is a coupon, I'm guessing handed out at an event, like maybe a state fair or something similar.
IMG_8395.jpg
IMG_8396.jpg

The Colgate-Palmolive coupon coin is made of aluminum, and is super light. The Kriss Kross coin I find very interestig that they handed out coins as an advertisement for you to check out their magazine ad. Based on the wording, it appears that the ad cost $19,000, but it was actually announcing a $19,000 giveaway promotion they were having. Nov 5, 1927
IMG_8397.jpg
IMG_8398.jpg

Here they are together to see how big they are in relation to each other. The Gillette coins are about the size of a half dollar, the Kriss Kross is the size of a nickel, and the Williams coins are the size of a quarter.
IMG_8399.jpg

Now that is pretty cool KJ! Didn't even know such things were in circulation. Have to keep a keen eye out now. Have stacks of old coins my Gran Dad collected might have to go look through those too.

I have no shaving coins yet.. where would one get them ???? I think they look neat though... I will have to keep an eye out for some....

Last edited:
I like the Gillette coin toss coin and Colgate-Palmolive square token.

That cake Palmolive coin though...perfect for you :ROFLMAO:

Bid on a 2nd Gillette flipper coin that I already have but was cheap. I won and they sent the wrong one which happened to be the one I've been missing 🤔 WINNING HERE
IMG_20200801_151403.jpgIMG_20200801_151415.jpg

Back