The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

whiskies, scotches and cigars. Where to start

novicewetshaver

Sr. Shave Member
When it comes to whisky, scotches and cigars im extremely new. i have no experience with them whatsoever. What would be a good starting off point for decent cigar, whiskey or scotch to try out for begginers. i'm not really sure what to get or what too look for, would be intrested in hearing other peoples thoughts. thanks again cadre

From a whisk(e)y perspective, I'd say hit up a shop where you can find smaller bottles, like 150-200ml, not airplane bottles, or sampler packs. Takes a while to figure out why types of grains you like, and what countries to concentrate on.

I don’t know your location, but darn near every city has small Mom & Pop liquor store or tobacconist. Try to find a proprietor with knowledge. They love to share their knowledge and get your business. Lots of knowledge here no doubt that will arm you when you begin your journey.

Back