The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's your current shaving OBSESSION?

Luecke3262

“I am the Grail Razor Hunter”
Hobbyist
What is your current wet shaving OBSESSION???

• Is it a new release?
  • Hard to find product?
  • A brand that really has you're attention?
  • A certain scent?
  • The next newest razor or a cool vintage?
  • Aftershaves? Soaps?
  • The same old same old?

Myself, its vintage shaving soaps and aftershaves, but this has been a long-term affliction. I'm obsessed with vintage Tallow shave soap, whether it is Williams, Yardley, Lentheric, Cargo, Seaforth, English Leather, Fougere Royale, etc.

There's just something about the history and performance of these well made products. When you think about Yardley for example; their soap cost $3 in 1940, that's the equivalent of nearly $60 in today's dollars!!! Who would be buying this product at that price back then and even now, how many of you are willing to drop $60 on just a soap(Who am I kidding, look who I'm talking to lol)?

I keep finding myself on the Blackland website talking myself down from clicking the purchase button on the Sabre. I already have 3 straights out getting work done to them. I keep telling myself to wait until those are done. I am definitely obsessed, but it hasn't gotten to the point yet that I am asking the wife to block the website.

I keep finding myself on the Blackland website talking myself down from clicking the purchase button on the Sabre. I already have 3 straights out getting work done to them. I keep telling myself to wait until those are done. I am definitely obsessed, but it hasn't gotten to the point yet that I am asking the wife to block the website.
Do it!

1639155377711.gif

1639155432342.jpeg

Like Chris above, within the last 6 or so months I've discovered the lovely rabbit hole of frags. Unlike my journey down the other rabbit holes of soaps, creams, razors, pens, etc, I've been forced to keep this one in check by the wife since we now budget very tightly after she started staying home to raise our son. But man, are there some GOOD smelling liquids out there!!

Back