The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What was your favorite Shaving Soap of 2022

Luecke3262

“I am the Grail Razor Hunter”
Hobbyist
I KNOW, I KNOW!

It's a little late, but with the holiday's over and 2023 marching on through January already, I thought it would be great to see what everyone's favorite soap was from 2022!

SO, what is your favorite soap that you tried in 2022? It doesn't have to be a new release and can most definitely be an older product.

Please add your soap to the below list.

1. Luecke3262 - Noble Otter Northern Elixir - Enjoyed the fantastic slick lather, crisp scent, and the fantastic cooling effect.

1. Luecke3262 - Noble Otter Northern Elixir - Enjoyed the fantastic slick lather, crisp scent, and the fantastic cooling effect.
2. Scuttlesoap: Scent & Performance (tie): CBL Inconceivable / Stirling Mediterranean Man, Label (tie) HAGS Resurrection / FLS Crossroads, and Tribute to Old School (Tie) REX 1955/PAA King R Emporium / Through the Fire T-Bucket

2. Scuttlesoap: Scent & Performance (tie): CBL Inconceivable / Stirling Mediterranean Man, Label (tie) HAGS Resurrection / FLS Crossroads, and Tribute to Old School (Tie) REX 1955/PAA King R Emporium / Through the Fire T-Bucket
3. Spider - CBL Soap. So many great new scents, but to me the best was BEE-spoke, honorable mention to Vintage.

3. Spider - CBL Soap. So many great new scents, but to me the best was BEE-spoke, honorable mention to Vintage.
4. dkeester - Rediscovered MWF. It is easy to forget just how good of a soap The Fat really is.

4. dkeester - Rediscovered MWF. It is easy to forget just how good of a soap The Fat really is.
5. Tallow and Steel Spiced Fougere. T+S has been my favorite performer for some time. This LE scent is a masterpiece.

Being a dedicated 3017er (Yeah, It's shocking, right?), I don't get to experience many soaps over the course of a year, but did managed to work through a few in 2022:
- Blue Willy (grated Williams soaked in Aqua Velva)
- Captain's Choice Bay Rum
- Captain's Choice Venture
- Captain's Choice 45th Parallel
- Cella

Of these, the Captain's Choice were the best and all performed great with only the scent being different.

5. HMan - Tallow and Steel Spiced Fougere. T+S has been my favorite performer for some time. This LE scent is a masterpiece.
6. woodpusher - Captain's Choice Bay Rum

I can't pick just one! :(

giphy.gif

This is hard to do without actually being at home looking at the soaps. I was so impressed with the lather qualities of the Martin de Candre soaps. I love almost all the Stirling soap. The two that stand out right now as I sit waiting to do a DOT physical are Haverford, Duke, and Coniferous. I was some less impressed with the A&E lathering qualities, but some of the scents are outstanding. I remember distinctly The Undersea, but I love aquatic scents. I’ll comment later on Barrister and Mann and Zingari Man. I’ll finish by singing the praises of Mitchell’s Wool Fat and Tabac. Both are great scents and have great lathering qualities.

5. HMan - Tallow and Steel Spiced Fougere. T+S has been my favorite performer for some time. This LE scent is a masterpiece.
7. MarkB - C&F "Old Goat" / PAA ""Atomic Pumpkin" / ETHOS "Shave MD"

I always liked soaps, which are cheap and readily available locally. Since I am in EU, I have choice of Proraso, Turkish soaps, some bulgarian ones. But I love Williams and VDH a lot too.

8. Z-2 - Arko stick

8. fhalden - Zingari Man - "No. 1" / Zingari Man - "The Master" Barrister &Mann - "The Full Measure of Man"

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Back