The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What, No Mustard?

Hmm... I was hoping for a thread on Mustard.... which after hot sauce is the greatest condiment.

Hmm... I was hoping for a thread on Mustard.... which after hot sauce is the greatest condiment.
He's not wrong. Dijon, hot, honey, yellow, brown, yum yum yum yum!!!

This is True: A few years ago we went on vacation in France. As we were admiring the countryside, we noticed a field of yellow flowers. Then there were more fields of yellow flowers covering both side of the road as far as the eye can see. So we started to look for more colors. There had to be to be more colors. Who would grow just yellow flowers? Then we found out it was Mustard! French's Mustard is a common brand name in the US. I never thought about where the name came from.

Part 2: While we were in France, we bought some store brand mustard. WOW, did it have some bite! We brought some home and soon ran out. The mustard in the US is relatively mild. We have't been able to find anything quite like it in the US. None of the fancy Dijon's or anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a No-Brainer: A few years ago we went on vacation in France. As we were admiring the countryside, we noticed a field of yellow flowers. Then there were more fields of yellow flowers covering both side of the road as far as the eye can see. So we started to look for more colors. There had to be to be more colors. Who would grow just yellow flowers? Then we found out it was Mustard! French's Mustard is a common brand name in the US. I never thought about where the name came from.

Part 2: While we were in France, we bought some store brand mustard. WOW, did it have some bite! We brought some home and soon ran out. The mustard in the US is relatively mild. We have't been able to find anything quite like it in the US. None of the fancy Dijon's or anything else.
Nice story! Oh and by the way...

Welcome to the Cadre! We are supper glad you found us here. If you get a chance, wander over to this forum and introduce yorself: Newbie and Welcome

Once again...Welcome to TSC!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a No-Brainer: A few years ago we went on vacation in France. As we were admiring the countryside, we noticed a field of yellow flowers. Then there were more fields of yellow flowers covering both side of the road as far as the eye can see. So we started to look for more colors. There had to be to be more colors. Who would grow just yellow flowers? Then we found out it was Mustard! French's Mustard is a common brand name in the US. I never thought about where the name came from.

They also grow mustard between the rows of vines in Napa and I assume many other places to keep weeds down when the vines are dormant. When they sprout flowers people will be pulled over on the sides of the roads where the tallest fields are for selfies.

Back