The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Memorial Day means to me

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
Memorial Day is especially a poignant day for me. Having had both parents as Military officers and now gone, not to mention, having been a Pararescueman, and as weird as it sounds, I recite our motto aloud each Memorial Day

“It is my duty as a Pararescueman to save life and to aid the injured. I will be prepared at all times to perform my assigned duties quickly and efficiently, placing these duties before personal desires and comforts. These things I do, that others may live."

Unfortunately we were not able to save everyone. It did not matter what ranks, what uniforms of the branch they served, as we were called in to help Marines, Navy, Army, and Air Force. These were my brethren. We saved many, we lost many. I justify the losses by knowing it was their time to serve a new Ultimate Commander, and a new Op, in heaven

Rest easy my brothers, we will take it from here
memday.JPG

Back