The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is this?

heysi

“All Ideas… No Action waka waka ”
Concierge
Found this at a little antique shop this past weekend. Wife spotted the case (a Gillette Tech case, obviously the wrong case). let me know what I found.

thumbnail_IMG_20190827_082032844.jpg

More info in case it helps. The razor is a hard plastic maybe bakelite. It has "Made in U.S.A. & "Pat Pend" on the bottom of the head. The logo appears to be an airplane propeller. The handle is black/white plastic or bakelite. Only paid $5.95 for it. Thought it would make a nice addition to my small collection.

That settles it then. It's a Contact Razor

Was this more helpful ?

That settles it then. It's a Contact Razor

Was this more helpful ?

Yep, that helped plenty. Now you're my hero. Looks like mine has a different handle than shown. Probably a replacement for a broken handle, considering the mismatched case. Its sorta like a Franken-Contact.

I took this Contact razor for a test drive yesterday. Its not bad, a bit more aggressive than I prefer but not terrible. I'm so used to the shave I get from RustBoy and my pre war British Tech that I think I'm spoiled. Still, it makes a nice addition to my collection. Plus I found it in the wild and that's always nice.

thumbnail_IMG_20190827_091650742.jpg

Back