The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What do YOU use to encrypt emails and handle other cyber security concerns?

I guess in the end you just have to decide what will work for you and is in your best interest both financial wise and ease of use... At any rate I would look into protonmail. So ultimately it comes down to one of those ymmv things... Good luck with whatever you decide.

Chris is going to be a Cyborg before it is all over.
I would like to avoid having to go THAT far. BUT the number if different and VERY complex passwords that are required for all the different aspects of daily life ...AND the need to change those passwords on a regular basis, makes it very appealing to have an implant inserted that would be responsible for maintaining such information.

I would like to avoid having to go THAT far. BUT the number if different and VERY complex passwords that are required for all the different aspects of daily life ...AND the need to change those passwords on a regular basis, makes it very appealing to have an implant inserted that would be responsible for maintaining such information.
When I was in intel I had to maintain over a 150 passwords.

Funny, I was just working with one of our IT guys. Since he has admin access to every computer, his password changes daily and is like 16 characters long. He has a QR code on his badge linked to his password and carries around a scanner to zap it when he needs it.

The wave of the future will rid us of all passwords - even QR codes - its passkeys and Apple and Google told me so. So I believe. And my mother will lose it every other day and I will pull out my hair trying to explain to her how to set it up. So we’ll go back to the passwords process - where she forgets her password every other day and I have to pull out my hair explaining to her how to reset it (because the password vault application that I bought her has a password to get in which she forgets - which Ironically is set to be my name - that should tell you how much I’m loved).

The wave of the future will rid us of all passwords - even QR codes - its passkeys and Apple and Google told me so. So I believe. And my mother will lose it every other day and I will pull out my hair trying to explain to her how to set it up. So we’ll go back to the passwords process - where she forgets her password every other day and I have to pull out my hair explaining to her how to reset it (because the password vault application that I bought her has a password to get in which she forgets - which Ironically is set to be my name - that should tell you how much I’m loved).
Ummm, huh?

I find it interesting that this entire discussion occured the day before my work computer was destroyed by a nefarious virus......hmm....I think I have a few more suspects to add to the list.

Back