The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s your flavor? Vintage 1 - Pre WWI, Vintage 2 - Pre 80’s, Modern - post 80’s, Or Custom…

seth3006

Shave Newbie
I know, there is lots of room for changing the definitions & time frames. I thought this would be a good starting point & interesting topic though. Personally I love old stuff, so my go to is vintage 1 then vintage 2. There is just something appealing about taking a 100+ year old piece of steel putting a buttery smooth edge & shaving. Thinking about the events in history that is has seen/survived.

Clothes & Colognes- Don Draper 60’s & smelling at you Dior Eau Sauvage
Why Yes - the 70’s sucked - did you see the size of people’s bell bottoms? Oh, and get a real haircut mullet head - except the ’74 & ‘75 Flyers - they redeemed the whole decade.
Music - 80‘s New Wave + Guns-n-Roses
Coolness & Crushes: 90’s Ladies of Rock (See What’s Blasting in your headphones)
Sports: Late 90’s Early 00’s Philadelphia Flyers
Shaving: Modern Stainless Steel

Last edited:
Most of my accumulations fall into modern manufacture. When you buy as ‘original owner’ it is always new. And, more readily available.

No disrespect to older stuff. What I have performs admirably.

Clothes & Colognes- Don Draper 60’s & smelling at you Dior Eau Sauvage
Why Yes - the 70’s sucked - did you see the size of people’s bell bottoms? Oh, and get a real haircut mullet head - except the ’74 & ‘75 Flyers - they redeemed the whole decade.
Music - 80‘s New Wave + Guns-n-Roses
Coolness & Crushes: 90’s Ladies of Rock (See What’s Blasting in your headphones)
Sports: Late 90’s Early 00’s Philadelphia Flyers
Shaving: Modern Stainless Steel
I think Brian is confused as to which forum this question was posted in......

My favorite is the one in my Avitar. The late 1700s. I've only got a couple but they both shave so well. That Cast Steel is great stuff.
Now if we are talking safety razors then I am more into modern as in the last 15 years or so they finally figured out how to measure them and find what matters most.

Back