The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Want a chance to WIN a CBL Soap "spa package"?

CBLSoap.com

a.k.a. CBLindsay
Artisan Retailer
Legacy
Concierge
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Each year more than 15,700 American Children are diagnosed with some form of cancer, and sadly 38 children die every week. Like most of you, we here at CBL Soap believe kids should be living life, not fighting for it.

CBL soap is one of 20 artisans from the wet shaving community who has donated prizes to the 2022 Great Cycle Challenge and those Riding to Fight Kid's Cancer. I (CBL) am involved in many non-profit organizations but until last year when @gobucks5485 (Dave Kise) told me about the Great Cycle Challenge I had not heard of anything like it. Fast forward to April 2022...I had the opportunity to meet Dave (@gobucks5485) at the first annual TSC convention in Las Vegas. Turns out this guy is a really nice guy AND his wife even made a bunch of painted rocks for the cadre members who attended. So THIS year when he asked me if I could/would provide a prize for this annual event I jumped on the idea. I figured it would be a fun way to help Dave and his wife raise awareness AND funds for a cause they support ALL while scoring an option to do a little promotion of the CBL Soap brand.

I have added a new "product" to the CBLSoap.com website with more information about this event AND a link to the website that will allow you to make donations and get chances to win one of several incredible prizes (including the CBL Soap Spa Package). I THINK I have set this "product" up so you can click to buy and be sent directly to the Kise Family Great Cycle Challenge page...all you need to do is make a donation of $5 or more (for every $5 you get an "entry" into the prize drawing) and type your name and "wet shaving" in the comment section so they know you are entering the prize drawing. Maybe let them know you are from the Shaving Cadre too...it won't get you more entries but it will show them the where you heard about the challenge.

*Please use the CBL soap product link for more information about this event, how to make donations/get entries into the prize drawing and other important details. Feel free to share the product link with others (maybe even share to your facegram and instabook if you are so inclined)

SUPER IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE(S):
CBL Soap is NOT collecting funds, counting/creating entries or drawing of names of winners.
The Shaving Cadre is not sponsoring or endorsing ANY part of this event or the prize packages. This post has been reviewed and approved by all TSC owners on the condition that any/all links in the post point ONLY to the CBLSoap.com website.

Here is a photo of what is included in the CBL Soap Spa Package.
Of course, once the drawing is over you will have the option of buying everything in this package directly from the CBLSoap.com website.

IMG_0765.jpg

UPDATED 9/19/2022 -Now TEN chances to win one of TEN amazing prize packages (#10 is CBL Soap's favorite!)

For those wondering what is in the other prize packages here are the the details @gobucks5485 gave me.

Drawing #1​

$200 Top of the Chain Package (includes):
  • Barrister and Mann Sets
    • Behold the Whatsis
    • Paganini Violin
    • Soap and Balm
  • House of Mammoth Sets
    • Beloved
    • Almond
    • Shave Soap
  • Stirling
    • Weekend in Malibu
    • Satsuma
    • Pearberry

Drawing #2​

$150 Pasteurs Pharmacy Package (includes):
  • Wholly Kaw Timmermann: Classic 1869 Label Shaving Soap and Aftershave
  • Strike Gold Shave: Murray Hill Shaving Soap and Aftershave
  • Central Texas Soaps: Cowboy Spice Shaving Soap and Aftershave
  • Master Soap Creations: Apricot Pie Shaving Soap and Aftershave
  • HC&C: Empire State of Mind Shaving Soap and Aftershave

Drawing #3​

• $109 Murphy & McNeil Gift Basket:
    • Gael Orange 4 oz Soap
    • Gael Orange 4 oz Aftershave
    • Gael Orange 2 oz Eau de Parfum
    • M&M 400 Black Shaving (24mm synthetic knot)
  • $30 Heritage Hill Shave Company Red White & Blue Soap Set
  • $25 Hendrix Classics Gift Certificate

Drawing #4​

• $104 PAA Sets (2)
    • Future Fiction C-6
    • Atomic Bay Rum C-6
  • $30 Sir Henry Soap of Choice
  • $20 Ginger’s Garden 4 oz Choice of Soap

Drawing #5​

• $100 Stirling Soap Gift Certificate
  • $50 Trotter Handcrafts Gift Certificate

Drawing #6​

• $86 The Shave Mercantile 4 Soaps and $25 Gift Certificate
  • $32 Dr. Mike’s Shaving Emporium: Plunder Set
  • $30 Sir Henry Soap of Choice

Drawing #7​

• $85 Smilez for Milez Brush
  • $76 Azalea City Suds Shaving Package

Drawing #8​

• $100 Dr. John’s Shaving Soap Gift Certificate
  • $50 Wet Shaving Store Gift Certificate

Drawing #9​

• $75 Barrister and Mann Gift Certificate
  • $30 Sir Henry’s Set of Choice
  • $25 The Razor Company Gift Certificate
  • $25 Maggard Razors Gift Certificate

Drawing #10​

• $150 CBL Soap Shop Spa Package
    • Hammam Spa Soap, Aftershave Tonic and Post Shave Oil
    • Spa Soap, Aftershave Tonic and Post Shave Oil

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an awesome promotion. I am also in my second year of the challenge. I just wanted to add that if you donate on this Wednesday (9/14), the Great Cycle Challenge had a set of donors who will match all donations 100%.

This is an awesome promotion. I am also in my second year of the challenge. I just wanted to add that if you donate on this Wednesday (9/14), the Great Cycle Challenge had a set of donors who will match all donations 100%.
Thanks for letting us know! Looks like I will wait until tomorrow!

The prize list has been updated (They now have TEN prize packages to choose from...check out post #2 in this thread to see the updated prize list)

Today is the last day of the challenge. Any of you who have been on the fence, go now before it is too late.

Back