The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Valet VC-4 SE

slantman

TSC Yoda
Just got this in today and spent 45 minutes cleaning it up. The gold finish is long gone down to the brass. Used Brasso and 12 cotton swabs. Finished off with a polishing cloth. Unbelievable how stuff made in the early part of the 20th century (USA) lasts. This one is from 1940 - 1946. Right in my wheel house. Even so I shaved this morning had to try it out since I never owned a Valet razor. I used a Feather carbon single edge which fits perfectly in the Valet. I am impressed not bad at all. Will give it the full treatment Sunday morning. The handle is very small almost toy like but the grip is outstanding.
IMG_0444.JPGIMG_0447.JPG

Very nice. You got the SB version, which is a little harder to find. The Feather blades will have more shaves on the Valet than on the OB.

So how have you been getting on with the Valet? Shaved with 1 of mine this morning. I'll need to figure out the models I have....

Back