The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

UPDATES:

Dragonsbeard

Shave Enthusiast
Artisan Retailer
Been a while since I’ve updated what’s going on at ETHOS so I thought I’d bring you up to date.

For one I’ll soon be releasing some new products I’ll list below.

I’ll also be offering some nice custom options on the website in the next few weeks.

First off I’d like to start with a new product that I’m pretty excited about. This will be the first release of my new Tallow Shave Creme. The first scent it will be offered in is Blood Orange that is grown in Italy and is by far the best I’ve ever had my nose on, and I’ve smelled a lot of them. It’s so fresh! As some know I released the Non - Tallow Vegan Shave Creme a few months ago and what I haven’t mentioned is I’ve been working on this Tallow based Creme as well and it’s finally ready. I’m just waiting on finishing up the labels for the matching Skin Food Splash, EDT and also my new Non - Alcohol Skin Food Lotion which will be released soon in a few different scents. I’ll post up the release date as soon as I know. This is a real Homogenized Creme and not a soft shave soap.

E2AE3C6A-D42B-4F33-ACC2-93DEEA8F8A76.png

Also a new Collection called Her Shave and after doing a poll amongst salons & spas and talks with my vendors we agree that offering women a better shaving product is overdue. So I make what I’m calling Body Shave Soap and I know from discussions with some of my male customers that there are men who do shave parts or all of their bodies so I made the decision to offer the Body Shave Soaps in some scents that are not gender specific. An they will be listed on the website as that. Body Shave Soaps. There will however be some scents that are more feminine and those will be in the Her Shave Collection. There will also be a women's Shave Creme moving forward and it’s a slight variation of my regular Vegan Shave Creme. Just trying out some different tubes because you and I both know the majority of women won’t use a jar. Doing the poll it was clear that it was a 50/50 split with what women prefer shave Soap Bar or Shave Creme. So I’m going to offer both. I made a test batch of the Body Bar Shave Soap and gave them out to a number of women and a few men who are athletes and long distance runners who shave their bodies and the feedback I’ve gotten has been excellent and the reason I decided to go forward with this project. In fact one of the runners who said he’s a head shaver used it and commented this works great for my head shaving. The soaps are 4 oz round pucks that come in a box. Nothing fancy to keep prices down. We tried a rectangular bar but everyone likes the round as it was more user friendly. Below is a photo I took of 3 that are already made and a photo of a Body Shave Soap that’s for the Ladies.

22B55457-A54C-4F04-8C8E-8ADCE99A3D1B.jpeg

9AC48BE5-9DC8-4A07-9E6A-76F44013B964.png
Last but not least is my new Non Alcohol Skin Food Lotion. This is a sheer lotion containing many skin beneficial ingredients. I’ve been working on this for a while and I’m finally happy with the formula. At this point about 30% of my customer sales are coming from outside the USA and those customers have been asking for this for a while and it’s made, the packaging is in stock and all I’m waiting on is the labels. The Holidays and recent loss of my assistant has me a bit behind schedule but I’ll catch up. Here’s a photo of the 2 oz bottle with the lotion pump.

69DEACD9-576A-4154-AD0A-ECA2CCBBDFAD.jpeg

Well that’s about it for now.

Great shaves all !

Back