The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Unknown brush...thoughts on what brand?

Somnos

In the Arms of Angels
IN MEMORIAM
Veteran
Brush.jpeg

This was in the lot buy that torpedoed my "S" thing...its boar but I have no other marking or info. Thoughts?

No clue. I had one that was the same shape but the upper was clear acrylic. No markings, no logo, nothing..

If it is a Semogue its ancient. The paint is far less clean than one would find on a Semogue. It is also kind of shaped like an octagon.

I'll see if I can find mine tonight just to make sure there are no markings on it.

I’ve had a few similar. Never any markings. My guess is that they were cheap drug store brushes.

Have no clue @Spider. I have an old Wilkinson Sword boar brush that was made in West Germany that is close but that handle is plastic of a similar shape.

Looks like some of the painted wood brushes from Germany that they sell on the bay, sometimes boxes with 5 or 6 in them.

I’ve had those show up in lots I’ve purchased, usually with a semogue sticker attached. But you have a good point, I guess they usually look a little more tidy even though they look a like a ‘give away’ type brush.

Back