The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Unique Gift Ideas

Scuttlesoap

TSC Yoda
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
Though my favorite part of holidays (or any day) is giving gifts, I figured I start a post about neat gift ideas as we come into the holiday season - this is for everyone to post….doesn’t have to be shaving related.

I’ll start for gifts for kids (and the young at heart)…..gifts that allow you to spend quality time…

I can say enough about Kiwi Co - Aidan loves his Science Technology Engineering Arts & Mathematics (STEAM) projects - you don’t need a subscription - you can buy individual items. They have really cool things - doesn’t have to be for the mechanically or artistically inclined - they even have cooking projects as well..

Here is one of the things I am getting Aidan this year….

1669594738815.png

I’d also recommend looking into local Science or Hands On Learning Centers - Philadelphia has the Franklin Institute and Maryland has the Maryland Science Center - and they have reciprocation so with a membership - you can go to other locations in the country as long as it is 90 miles away from your ”home” center. They have these all over the country.

Zoos and aquariums also have these reciprocation type deals as well with their memberships.

Also, a lot of museums have cool memberships that are really inexpensive and they’ll have monthly membership nights where they focus on art, food, and music from a specific country.

I also had a membership to the local opera for several years - add some culture to your life!

1669594967957.jpeg

Last edited:
And - because this is a shaving site - here are a couple of unique shaving gear items. I’m not particularly a Star Wars die hard - but I know we have a lot of The Force Nerds on this site - these brush handles are pretty neat-o…….

Not a great picture - but this one has the Millennium Falcon in it….

1669595109248.png 1669595155298.png

Or Maybe you’re part of the Rebel Alliance or like the newer stuff like the Madelorian

1669595250869.png1669595308721.png

For some reason - these two say @Spider to me

1669595385627.png 1669595493493.png

Zoos and aquariums also have these reciprocation type deals as well with their memberships.
Yup...we have a membership to our zoo. It also allows us membership into about 40 other zoos accross the country for free or at half off. This makes it nice when visiting relatives elsewhere. Right now we have a membership that allows the whole Danger House plus up to four guests...or if we want someone to take Danger Baby like a grandparent or aunt and uncle they can and still take up to four guests. It also includes several member only events as well as special events throughout the year. This would be a great gift for someone.
but this one has the Millennium Falcon in it….
What the heck is an aluminum falcon?
View attachment 99070

"WoodWick Candles are a blend of soy and paraffin wax that allows for a cleaner and smoke free burn. The signature feature of WoodWick Candles is the wooden wick that Crackles as it Burns"
Woodwick's make great candles. One of my favorites.

Back