The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ultrasonic Cleaners

Soap Thing

Shave Member
Active Duty
Has anybody used an ultrasonic to clean their DE razors? I’m thinking it would be cool to get into those hard to reach places [emoji848]. This is especially a problem with razors that have small lather channels like the ATT Windsor or the Wet Shaving Club Winning Razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple and they work pretty good. You have to watch painted and plated areas because sometimes they remove those so use in short cycles and if you see any problems develop then stop...

I snag my wife's small ultrasonic cleaner. It does and okay job at loosening crud. Not sure it really works on soap scum all that well though. But like @Jaro1069 said, watch the painted surfaces...depending on your solution it might take it off.

Mine will clean them really well, its 44 feet long with 2 steam boilers at the start and a 250 gal!on ultrasonic tank, with 2 filtered rinses, 1 fresh water rinse and 2 sets of air blow offs. 😂

Back