The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Turkey

What is your drug of choice for turkey?

• Vegetarian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What is all this turkey business?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I will admit that a free-range turkey is super expensive. Like exponentially more expensive than butterball or whatnot. But if you can get your hands on one...it is way better tasting than the 25 cent a pound turkey at Walmart. Nothing wrong with those if that is your thing or what you can get. But the free-range turkey is so much better. My sister in law baked a free-range one for Thanksgiving one year (I am usually a smoked or fried turkey guy) and wrapped it in a bacon shirt. Seriously, best tasting turkey I ever had.

I will admit that a free-range turkey is super expensive. Like exponentially more expensive than butterball or whatnot. But if you can get your hands on one...it is way better tasting than the 25 cent a pound turkey at Walmart. Nothing wrong with those if that is your thing or what you can get. But the free-range turkey is so much better. My sister in law baked a free-range one for Thanksgiving one year (I am usually a smoked or fried turkey guy) and wrapped it in a bacon shirt. Seriously, best tasting turkey I ever had.
Freedom has a special taste.

iu

Made a turducken…… once

Never again. By the time the chicken got up to 165°, the turkey on the outside dried out bad.

I’d make a turkey in the oven, a duck on the smoker and fry the chicken if I required all those animal proteins at the same time again.

Back