The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Rockers!

SteveChuckFrank

Close Enough*
???

Any other guitar players in the Cadre? Doesn’t matter what you play, rock, jazz, country, pop. Doesn’t matter how good you are. If you play share pics of your gear and let’s geek out!

My main guitar is a 2014 Les Paul Studio. It’s stock except for the 2nd hand Grover non locking tuners. I also sanded the back of the neck and removed the pick guard. Oh, and my knobs all go to 11! This thing is a beast.

I don’t do my equipment justice.

Fender Telecasrer 59’ Reissue. Tweaked ever so slightly. Put in a four way switch so it works in both parallel and searies

3 Monkeys Virgil. 1 of 25 made. 30watt 6LVL’s
with a 3 Monkeys 1x12 custom cabinet with Creamback Alnico speaker

I don’t do my equipment justice. \n\nFender Telecasrer 59’ Reissue. Tweaked ever so slightly. Put in a four way switch so it works in both parallel and searies \n\n\n\n3 Monkeys Virgil. 1 of 25 made. 30watt 6LVL’s \nwith a 3 Monkeys 1x12 custom cabinet with Creamback Alnico speaker \n
\n\nVery cool Jim! I was looking at a Baja Tele with the same wiring. I ended up going with a used Mexican Tele with some aftermarket changes already done. I’ll put up some pics when I get home later.

The Baja is what gave me the idea to do this. These pickups were just the sound I was going for. I might eventually get a Mexican with a p90 or humbucker up top. I like crunch.

The Baja is what gave me the idea to do this. These pickups were just the sound I was going for. I might eventually get a Mexican with a p90 or humbucker up top. I like crunch.
\n\nI was thinking about putting a stacked humbucker in the neck on mine. What pickups do you have in the reissue now?

I am embarrassed to say that I own a guitar that has not been touched (don't even..) since my 20s (I'm 41). It's a black Les Paul and I used to play it with a Line 6 Pod, a Fender head and whatever speaker was available. I could not bring myself to sell it, thinking one day I would have time to get back into it. My daughter is starting to learn piano and maybe playing something with her when she is further along might be another chance. Two reasons I stopped - hand fatigue since I am using my hands all day as a programmer, and frustration over my poor memory where I just could not remember songs after a short period of time without practicing them. Yeah, that is not going to get better with age....

I am embarrassed to say that I own a guitar that has not been touched (don't even..) since my 20s (I'm 41). It's a black Les Paul and I used to play it with a Line 6 Pod, a Fender head and whatever speaker was available. I could not bring myself to sell it, thinking one day I would have time to get back into it. My daughter is starting to learn piano and maybe playing something with her when she is further along might be another chance. Two reasons I stopped - hand fatigue since I am using my hands all day as a programmer, and frustration over my poor memory where I just could not remember songs after a short period of time without practicing them. Yeah, that is not going to get better with age....

Actually for all those reasons now is the time to pick it back up. Music will help with your mind, finger dexterity and bonding with the kids.
I was thinking about putting a stacked humbucker in the neck on mine. What pickups do you have in the reissue now?

Pickups are the Fender Original Vintage Alnico 3s.

Back