The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Legacy Brush Videos

Excellent Video KJ, very well done. Still Can't get used to that haircut, LOL Wonderful Stuff!

Love the video KJ, and thanks so much for the kind words. The Merkur HD is a fantastic razor, and you handle that thing like a ferrari lol.

Great video KJ! The speed you shaved at was intimidating, LOL. Combined with the mohawk...whoa.

Dang KJ. I was thinking that I was the only one here that did a 2 pass DE shave in less than 10 minutes, but I'm not alone!

Believe it or not, I’ve been accused of shaving too fast before.

A while back I did a video shave with a DEvette, basically a razor with the safety bar removed. And everyone said I shaved with that faster than they use a normal DE.

Very, very well done video KJ! I remember seeing you shave in one or more of the Williams tutorials you did, you were fast then but you have stepped it up a notch since then...smooth, fluid strokes worthy of applause.

Thanks again guys. One thing I didn't mention in the video, is based off my test lather with MW, and the feel of the brush then, I was ready going into this video to give the knot a negative review. I really did not like the feel of it. I was almost like some of the older generations of synthetics in feel (kind of sticky, and too springy). But one I got actual lather into it, the feel totally changed. My brain did a 180 mid-video.

Still not sure why it had a hard time with MW. It's my favorite soap, and this is the first time I've ever had an issue lathering it. I'll have to do some additional testing.

Sorry about that KJ...I must have passed my MW hoodoo over to you. It lathers great for me now!

The only trouble I have ever had with MW is when trying to use a synthetic brush. I figured it was just me since I just plain struggle for any kind of consistency whatsoever with a synthetic. Plus I don't like them enough to try to dial them in. Maybe there is a little more to that combination then I thought though? (all these goofy emojis and no illuminate symbol...)
1f604.png

Great video KJ!

I hope you can get it to work on the MW next time around!

Great video and review Josh, and thanks for your remarks on the brush! A word regarding the weight; I'm also not crazy about how light wood brushes tend to be, so for the penultimate step in the process, before I epoxy the knot in, I drill a hole in the center of the handle and add some lead split shot. It tends to be pretty close to the center of the brush in height, and is dead center in diameter, so it balances things pretty well.

I've really got to come up with a cool intro like you guys have.

Back