The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Translucent Arkansas Whetstone Lapping

clyde72

Almond Milk Lattes are my POWER
Legacy
This is a video of me lapping my Translucent Arkansas Whetstone. I had already lapped one side using the SiC (Silicon Carbide) powder. This is lapping the opposite side. I used 120, 320, and 600 grit SiC powder. Then I used 1000, 1500, and 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper. I want to see if the additional lapping makes a difference in the edges when I use this stone as a finisher in my straight razor honing.

https://youtu.be/nr2B8FBFeD4

Great video!! So does it make a difference on the razor's edge?
Thanks!

Well I did notice a difference when I used the Trans Ark (600 SiC surface) after the 12K Shapton. The edges were smoother. I haven't had the opportunity to use the new surface yet. I'll report back when I do. Might even attempt a honing video.

Hey, I just saw this guy Craig! Nice to "meet" you!
You know.... I stand at an anvil hold hot steel in tongs and swing a 2 pound hammer for quite some time, but you were making MY arm tired!
1f604.png

Nice video though. I always like to get to see people I've been talking to.

Great Video Craig...I'm a little disappointed though...what, no Bama Gear in the background?

Hey, I just saw this guy Craig! Nice to "meet" you!
You know.... I stand at an anvil hold hot steel in tongs and swing a 2 pound hammer for quite some time, but you were making MY arm tired!
1f604.png

Nice video though. I always like to get to see people I've been talking to.
Thanks Shawn!
Great Video Craig...I'm a little disappointed though...what, no Bama Gear in the background?
Thanks Don! I'm a Bama fan not a Bama groupie.
1f609.png
Wonderful video Craig!
Thanks Josh!

Excellent video Craig. Can't wait to see your comparison on the two sides with respect to how they finish.

Back