The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

To Clear the Air regarding my Reviews and Feedback from those reviews

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
Good Evening:
It has come to my attention that some of our members have some concerns that there is bias in both my reviews and my apparent bias in regard for Saponificio Varesino, as a brand Ambassador, as well as Member trepidation in, for lack of a better word "challenging" my opinions in my reviews.

Let me clear the air once and for all. #1 when I post reviews of any soaps, Hardware, Software, etc I am very methodical and scientific in what I do based on over 30-yrs of wetshaving experience, and to address the elephant in the room...... My being a Brand Ambassador for SV in NO WAY factors into my opinion. As I am an Ambassador because I love the product, and those that follow closely know that SV is not my top soap in the Den. It went from PCN to Sebum. So that proves that SV hold no bias in my soap reviews. ALSO I do NOT receive compensation, free soaps, nor anything promotional from SV. I pay Full retail, as does anyone else. I DO NOT in fact receive any "favors" from any of our Vendors, Hobbyists, nor members at large.

I do reviews based on testing, and they are my PERSONAL opinion as a Member and Traditional Shaver and in no way represent the Opinions of my partners and the ownership of the TSC. In fact "the political" accusations on my reviews are laughable as my own Partner whom owns CBL Soaps in #3 in my den. Please explain how that is political. I treat any and ALL of our Vendors, Artisans, and hobbyists with the same measuring stick no higher, no lower and NONE with Bias or favors. All are equal players when they enter the field of review. I dont care if a vendor is a jerk, a liar, misrepresents, overcharges, etc. I base my reviews on MY OPINION and on PERFORMANCE nothing else as I have stated before.

To the accusation that some of you do not feel comfortable, or are scared to comment or challenge my reviews and or statements, let me BE CLEAR, I Welcome comments or even challenges as long as they are RESPECTFUL, without Malice, and with the intent of sharing your opinions with a constructive discussion. Those that are feeling uncomfortable may be eluding to a situation when a member challenged the choices of Kaizen vs SV. when that member became beligerant and made accusations of being a fool, then that crosses the line and then I must, for the protection of the Forum, put on the ownership hat.

If you still feel uncomfortable or are feeling "bullied" then feel free to reach out to my other partners, and it will be discussed. I would however hope that if there was an issue that you would reach out directly to me via PM or even a phone call to discuss. This goes for any member inlcuding Vendors and hobbyists.

I hope this clears up any questions and or concerns you have, and if not feel free to contact me to discuss.

Dave

To the accusation that some of you do not feel comfortable, or are scared to comment or challenge my reviews and or statements

This is the most hilarious statement! Especially if they knew you Dave!

As for the biasness in your reviews? I think @TobyC hit it on the head. Plus, all reviews have bias to some extent in them. We all have preferences and things we don't like.

This thread is really absolutely baffling to me. You just keep doing what you are doing Dave!

It is sad that you had to make this post: just a sign of the times. I have watched several of your videos and find them informative. Please try to block out the negative noise, keep being yourself, and enjoy what you do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread is really absolutely baffling to me. You just keep doing what you are doing Dave!

This, a thousand times! Dave, I enjoy your reviews. Don't change a thing. I have never felt that you pontificate. In fact, you often qualify your statements with the caution that what you are giving is *your opinion*! Fact is, I've bought a lot of stuff based on your videos (see my signature) and while I don't always rank things the same, I still value your opinion and respect your extensive experience!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I for one have never had issues with your reviews Dave. Quality is quality and it is a market share occupied by few and that sadly is the truth. However, you have even done a “best of the worst” set of reviews...who does that? Someone comfortable in admitting they have stuff that isn’t in that upper tier market share...those reviews are also great and valuable.

If you said that Modern Williams was the finest soap you’ve ever used, I’d know you were on the take.
They don’t sell it within 50 miles of him for a reason. Truth is I think SOME of those holes in his back yard contain more than a few pucks of the stuff. Makes a great snake repellent...but the tarantulas sure Seem to like it.

Exactly that is brotherly love LOL.
I can’t help that KJ’s sniffer is broken and he has funky water LOL

That's not all that's funky.

Anyway, you can't please them all. And it seems people are harder to please than ever now. I don't have any issues with the reviews, of course if there is ever the possibility to claim conflict of interest it's good to just let it be known up front. I see a lot of reviews that make 'transparency statements' and it probably helps to head off any drama at the pass.

I say if Dave can make cash on good reviews, I’m jealous! After all my work to get denied a sponsorship by Thayers...

Flippin’ I hate veg, everyone hates veg and some people pretend to like it. You going to base purchases on a bunch of yahoos on the inter webs?

Back