The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TN Recommendations

Blade-meister

First Responder
Hobbyist
Well, we've decided to get out of NY and we are looking to move to TN. I've been looking at the north eastern section and was wondering if any TN cadre members had some suggestions. We want to buy something with wooded acreage out in the sticks. Oh, and trust me, we are not northern people bringing down our ideas, we are fleeing NY to find people that think like us and understand us better. We are taking this year to get our house ready to put on the market next year. We've kinda picked Rogersville as a center point to look out from in all directions. We love the TN mountains, and those of you who know me know I"m a mountain man at heart. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aww man! After all that work on the cabin and land? ☹️

Hope you find something comparable!

I have a co-worker who lives in Pittsford NY. They just retired and bought property in TN. The pictures looked awesome and it made me jealous.

Aww man! After all that work on the cabin and land? ☹️

Hope you find something comparable!
Yeah, it really wasn't in the plans but when the law catches up with you..........just kidding :LOL: I don't really want to walk away, but NY is becoming so much more out of touch with the way want to live and raise our children that it's becoming a necessity. We can remain here and complain for years and years or move. It's much less restrictive on several fronts in TN than it is in NY. We can't even get a freaking plastic bag at the store :oops:

The pictures looked awesome and it made me jealous.
It truly is beautiful, but man has the price of land and homes jumped. People woke up and realized the north 40 can be sold to a developer for a good sum of money and now land is going for $7,500 an acre which I think is this side of highway robbery. We may look in another southern state so if anyone has any suggestions..........

Back