The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Thoughts Or Quips And Quotes Of The Day

Jaro1069

TSC's Cheerleader
Veteran
Hello all. I noticed other than for status updates there was really not a thread for a quick Quip or Quote or Thought of the day.. I thought it might be fun to have a place where we could just go and put a quick OR quirky thought or whatever... I hope others like this idea too and will come here and post just a quick whatever... If the " powers that be don't approve or whatever " then please delete it or move it to where it should be...
I'll start it off in the next post....

I will post these here to start the thread off.....
These are Not mine, but thought I'd share, as I think we ALL can relate!
--------
1. I was thinking about old age and decided that old age is when you still have something on the ball, but you are just too tired to bounce it.

2. Employment application blanks always ask who is to be called in case of an emergency. I think you should write, "An ambulance."

3. The older you get the tougher it is to lose weight because by then your body and your fat have gotten to be really good friends.

4. The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

5. Have you ever noticed: The Roman Numerals for forty (40) are XL.

6. The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he knows when he's really in trouble.

7. Did you ever notice that when you put the 2 words "The" and "IRS" together it spells "Theirs"

8. Aging: Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.

9. Some people try to turn back their "odometers." Not me.

10. I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way and a lot of the roads were not paved.

11, Ah! Being young is beautiful but being old is comfortable.

May you always have:
Love to share,
Cash to spare,
Tires with air,

And friends who care.

I can see this being like Seinfeld with his did you ever notice type sayings or just complaining about a crazy driver or anything...

FB_IMG_16726027095068708.jpg
This young man was on his way to a job interview and had a bit of trouble with his tie. The lady in the red coat noticed him struggling and nudged her husband with her elbow. She then blocked him to help him evade any embarrassment. What a beautiful photo! Don’t let the evil in this world stop you from showing love to one another, Everyone !! Together we are stronger! ❤️🙏

FB_IMG_16726036438117121.jpg
I hired a plumber to help me restore an old farmhouse, and after he had just finished a rough first day on the job: a flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric drill quit and his ancient one ton truck refused to start. While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. On arriving, he invited me in to meet his family.

As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands. When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation.. His face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.

Afterward he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier. ‘Oh, that's my trouble tree,' he replied 'I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, those troubles don't belong in the house with my wife and the children.. So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home and ask God to take care of them.

Then in the morning I pick them up again.' 'Funny thing is,' he smiled,' when I come out in the morning to pick 'em up, there aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before.

THIS ONE IS WORTH SENDING ON. Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

We all need a Tree!

(I didn't create this story, but loved it when I read it and wanted to share)

"It's very strange. I have been in the revenge business for so long, now that it's over, I don't know what to do with the rest of my life. "

-Mandy Patinkin as Inigo Montoya

To me, this is the most moving quote of the entire movie. Revenge is a waste of your time and life. Live your life well and do good for others. This is the best revenge there is.

I too had a great enemy for a time and this quote didn't read then as it does now. The advice given to me at that time was, "Hating and resenting someone is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die." I later found this to be a quote by Saint Augustine. It did the trick!

My house is never clean. Like ever. I have friends (with kids) whose houses are spotless.

Are they better parents than me ? Nope.

Am I a better parent than them ? Nope.

I work out . I have parent friends who don't exercise. (I mean other than running around like crazy people after their kids).

Does that make either of us a better parent ? Nope.

I have friends who are super organic, chemical-free, and dye-free.

My kids sometimes eat popsicles for breakfast. I'm talking The cheap kind that are 50 for $2.00.

Are either of us better than the other ? Nope.

I swear, but not in front of my kids. Are you a bad parent if you do ? Hell no.

I'm involved with my kids' school but I don't volunteer a lot and live there every day.

Are the parents who volunteer daily any better than those who never do ? No.

Am I incredibly grateful for the parents who volunteer every day and help the teachers ? YES.

Are stay-at-home parents better than working parents ? NO.

Are working parents better than stay-at-home parents ? NO.

Are married parents better than single parents ? NO.

Are you a better parent if you take your kids on exotic vacations ? NO.

Can you be a good parent if the closest thing you get to a vacation is the park ? YES.

Can you be a good parent and have a super-scheduled summer with lots of planned activities ? Yep.

What about if your summer is lazy with no plans? Yep.

Do good parents let their kids watch TV? Yes.

Play video games? Yes.

What about if you say no? That's Also fine. It's Your choice. You're the parent. And a good one.

So how about this? Can we all just support one another? And just say, Hey, parenthood is hard.

You're doing a good job. Raising kids can knock the wind out of a person.

You got this.

How awesome would that be?

Just a thought.

Back