The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Thoughts on Colonial General S/S or Brass

Sskim3

Sharp Dressed Shaver
Legacy
With everything that I have used in the past, the Colonial General (black OG) is my go to razor. It just has the right angle and ergonomics that just fit my face. Unfortunately, I have not tried the stainless steel or brass version. Looks like new isn't a viable option so I will be on the lookout for a used one. Thoughts on either one if you have used it?

And are there other competitors that I should look at? I remember trying Razorock's SE 5 years ago and it was just OK - nothing special.

Brass razors can develop a patina if not polished routinely, which some people like. The only think I don't like about the brass razors is the brass smell while using them.

So why the nickel plate instead of just getting the stainless?

It looks great!
Didn’t like the way the stainless looked as it’s kind of a matte stainless finish instead of mirror polished. I believe the handle is significantly different also. Then the weight difference. Love the heft of the Brass!

With everything that I have used in the past, the Colonial General (black OG) is my go to razor. It just has the right angle and ergonomics that just fit my face. Unfortunately, I have not tried the stainless steel or brass version. Looks like new isn't a viable option so I will be on the lookout for a used one. Thoughts on either one if you have used it?

And are there other competitors that I should look at? I remember trying Razorock's SE 5 years ago and it was just OK - nothing special.
I have the black and like it fine.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Back