The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Thinking of a "new" Car

I know a few I have thought about but one has very high maintenance cost and not the best gas mileage !!!! I thought of a kit or something with a hybrid system.. I mentioned kit because that way I wouldn't be destroying a real one....

Just gotta figure out the fine line between what you want and what you need, then do your research.

I’d honestly always rather invest in a new car if I could than buy someone else’s or even a lot’s used car. The big mystery of the car’s unknown history is too daunting. If I do buy used, it’d better have a real good warranty.

What cars were you thinking of?

Normally I would recommend used (just because of the rapid depreciation) unless there is a feature or function that older models do not have - but since this market used cars are super expensive as well - I wouldn’t rule out new ones - just because the price difference is not as significant anymore.

Here you go, problem solved.

Probably not the best gas milage, but you'll get there faster, ergo, saving time and money.
a9b001980e8e1ef9a6535f8579806866.jpg

To be honest I have looked at a few cars. I really should not have started this thread as soon as I did. I should have waited a little longer first....

I use Uber/Lyft and public transportation once the little birdies flew the nest. Never going back. The used car market is brutal right now so the game has changed. The car you get all depends on how much debt you are willing to concede. If you are using cash, the US average used is at $29,000.

Okay this is one car I have looked at and to be honest its less than a tesla, Its an auction car and is low miles....
b9f19c74334f4f8ba5350b449e3f2d96_ful.jpg

I use Uber/Lyft and public transportation once the little birdies flew the nest. Never going back. The used car market is brutal right now so the game has changed. The car you get all depends on how much debt you are willing to concede. If you are using cash, the US average used is at $29,000.
That puts things in perspective

my problem with it is though I would still need some other car too because of the kids !!

I'm not much for the auctions like you see on TV except for the early week when you actually can get decent deals.. The prime days are the million dollar cars and those are currently out of reach and want.. One day I want to get my dad a 63 split window corvette.... My wife wants a 67 gt350 similar to what my dad used to have when he was younger except his was the gt500. ( he had several back then )....

The funny thing is that I still want one of these too !!
00j0j_bv4HudZ4TVaz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

I don't know what year I want though... I had thought of getting one that needs a new battery pack because there are 3rd party replacement centers now that will replace the batteries and they include a 10 year 100000 mile warranty on the batteries and its not an expensive replacement.... I have seen a few for less than 2 thousand that need replacement batteries and the replacement service is less than 2 also so less than 4 grand to have a prius with replacement new batteries that has a good warranty....

Back