The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There Back. Fine Accoutrements

ED3054

Veteran
312a686d2dca53a96b16ae23bcdbf68c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$24 US for 5oz :eek:
I read they're made in Italy... I'm curious who is the company they contracted with. Likely TSF, who is the big producer there. If I'm not mistaken, they make Razorock, Goodfellas Smile, their own... and who knows what else.

If it is TSF, I'm shocked with the price. Aren't they typically lower costs soaps? Maybe a different ingredient list than the usual TSF offering?

I never loved their scents. I always felt like you only got a tiny bit of the scent profile layered on top of the scent from the soap base. But it did make a really good lather. If it's going to be similar to RR, now, then it's a definite no for me. There are too many GREAT soaps at that price point to justify paying that much for a good soap.

I never loved their scents. I always felt like you only got a tiny bit of the scent profile layered on top of the scent from the soap base. But it did make a really good lather. If it's going to be similar to RR, now, then it's a definite no for me. There are too many GREAT soaps at that price point to justify paying that much for a good soap.
I only liked one, which they decided to completely discontinue (LPH). I'm not likely to be in the market for their soaps, at this point, but still very curious if TFS is the maker.

Just keep on mind, just because it may be the same company RR uses, it also might be better ingredients. They needed a factory, but they hopefully had a say in these things.

I only liked one, which they decided to completely discontinue (LPH). I'm not likely to be in the market for their soaps, at this point, but still very curious if TFS is the maker.

Just keep on mind, just because it may be the same company RR uses, it also might be better ingredients. They needed a factory, but they hopefully had a say in these things.
I suppose that's true. I did see some chatter on another forum suggesting a second, more likely, option for the producer.

I'm curious to find out who is producing them. Fine has always had decent prices for their products, so I can't imagine they would go with a lower quality soap for a higher price. If anyone decides to pull the trigger, let us know how they perform.

I am curious if the menthol in snake bite soap is as strong as the past? Would hate to buy a less product that is more price? Might have to wait to see more new reviews before I think about buying.

I am curious if the menthol in snake bite soap is as strong as the past? Would hate to buy a less product that is more price? Might have to wait to see more new reviews before I think about buying.
If not then menthol crystals are your friend. One of the benefits of it being a softer soap is that you could easily press a menthol crystal or two straight down into it. Of course, you could do that with any croap lol.

I used the new "American Blend" soap this morning. Got a great lather from it. Scent was a little light out of the tub but developed more when lathered. Didn't notice if the manufacturer was notated on the label. I'll check this evening. Also it's labeled as a "Tallow/Veggie" hybrid base.

Back