The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The one that got away......

Scuttlesoap

TSC Yoda
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
What is something that you had your eye on, but didn’t pull the trigger. It doesn’t have to be shaving gear (though mine is) .....

Gibbs vintage DE razor. When i first started this hobby, 376 days ago, I saw and added to my watch list a vintage Gibbs razor with case on eBay. I watched it for a month but thought “Who would pay $130 for old shave gear no matter how cool it looks..”. Yes, I realize now that I had much to learn.

Honorable mention: I had a girlfriend in college whose name was Shiloh.....she was brilliant, kind, and beautiful (and has a PhD from Penn)....but now I have a shave soap with the same moniker with a sweet label and has Aqua di Parma Colonia scent. So I’m calling this one a wash......

Saint Charles Shave -Fairway soap & AS. Was always a favorite of mine, and took it for granted it’d always be available. Went to their store to stock back up and learned that SCS had closed shop.

This taught me one important thing. If you find something you love that much... stock up when it’s available. Because it may never return.

When I find favorite scent Aftershaves, I’ll buy 5-6 of them to make sure I’ll always have some!

Saint Charles Shave -Fairway soap & AS. Was always a favorite of mine, and took it for granted it’d always be available. Went to their store to stock back up and learned that SCS had closed shop.

This taught me one important thing. If you find something you love that much... stock up when it’s available. Because it may never return.

When I find favorite scent Aftershaves, I’ll buy 5-6 of them to make sure I’ll always have some!

that is so true - because even if something continues- it often gets reformulated or the label changes....

There was a Disney Cruise tie on eBay that only the staff have. I still kick myself for not grabbing it as I've never seen another come up.

I should’ve pulled the trigger on some more “Cuda” from Through the fire. I love that soap but now I can’t find it anywhere and I only have half a tub left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back