The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Masters: 2019.......

I don’t know if there are any golf aficionados but, to me this is the Pinnacle of Golf. It has set up to be a great Sunday with excellent ball strikers. The greens are super slow and tough to read. More importantly, extremely difficult hole locations. Augusta Gents, that’s what it’s all about......

I don’t know if there are any golf aficionados but, to me this is the Pinnacle of Golf. It has set up to be a great Sunday with excellent ball strikers. The greens are super slow and tough to read. More importantly, extremely difficult hole locations. Augusta Gents, that’s what it’s all about......

Thanks for the reminder! I forgot they were starting things early this morning! Just turned it on. This might be one of the better Master's in a long time!

Funny, my wife's boss is there, but not by choice. He has to schmooze a bunch of their clients, but he hates golf!

I'm not a Tiger fan really, but man, he is playing some good golf right now.

The Master's and the US Open have to be two of the best sporting spectacles out there.

The Master's and the US Open have to be two of the best sporting spectacles out there.

The British Open is my favorite of the Golf majors. It always seems to show the spectator that even the legends of golf can be made average!

Tiger is going to win this thing. Isn't he?

Was hoping for Finau but Tiger is playing amazing!

Wow! Just saw a piece of golfing and sporting history. Trust me, I’m no Tiger fan but, what he accomplished today was one for the record books. I actually thought that Koepka or Johnson would put the pressure on. In the end, it was a masterful performance by one of the greats......

I bet Tiger appreciates this victory more than any other one he had in his life.
Good point. Regardless of what you think of the man, this has proven that he is a truly gifted golfer.

Truly a joy to watch the whole tournament, particularly the second nine on Sunday. I'm a pretty unapologetic Big Cat fan. I considered him the GOAT before this win and feel even stronger about it after his fifth green jacket. This isn't really a new or interesting point as it is difficult to refute: best redemption story in the history of sport. Full stop. Period. From the highest of highs (early 2000s Tiger) to the lowest of lowest of lows (first personally, then physically) to the top once again. And this time--at least it appears--with humility and true joy. Golf is simply different when Tiger is playing and playing well. Very pleased to have witnessed it and I hope to see it continue. Congrats Eldrick.

Back