The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Losers Club: Share your Progress!!

That's a totally doable goal TJ...but it's also not an easy one! But I'm pulling for you and every little bit helps! Any help you need let us know! It seems like the Cadre as a whole is getting healthier!

I’ve seen the magic pill video. I need to watch the other one.

The Magic Pill video is very good! The Fathead video is a little rough around the edges as far as production goes, but you get the idea. Has a LOT of really good info in it. If you can...try to see the updated version of it. But if not...the original one is just as good. I think you can find the original version for free on YouTube. It really did help me along in my journey and really changed the way I think about certain things!

I am posting this a little early, but by Monday I should have hit the 40 pound mark since my pre-op weigh in!

I will say that getting used to the new way of eating was easier than I expected. Now I am starting to add in the exercise portion, so I fel great about my start.

I am posting this a little early, but by Monday I should have hit the 40 pound mark since my pre-op weigh in!

I will say that getting used to the new way of eating was easier than I expected. Now I am starting to add in the exercise portion, so I fel great about my start.

That is awesome news! I bet you feel like a whole new person!

That is awesome news! I bet you feel like a whole new person!

I certainly do! I notice it most when I am not running out of breath as easily as I did before the surgery. And I was correct. My Monday weigh-in was exactly 40 pounds less than my pre-op weigh-in. And I am down another pound since then.

I certainly do! I notice it most when I am not running out of breath as easily as I did before the surgery. And I was correct. My Monday weigh-in was exactly 40 pounds less than my pre-op weigh-in. And I am down another pound since then.

Just keep up the great work!

My annual physical results came back and I have to start taking better care of myself. Weight, blood pressure, stress, conditioning, flexibility, pretty much every aspect of health. Maybe this thread will help. If I remember correctly, I'm 238 pounds. My goal is to be under 200, able to run an entire 5k, and able to touch my toes without bending my knees within a year.
Today's workout - raking leaves

Aaron...as a person who has pulled myself from the brink of some really bad situations, here are some of my suggestions.

Make a plan! You need one to stay on course.

If your plan isn't working for you...don't be afraid to adjust it .

Find something that you can do. Trying something that worked for one person but you are having a hard time with it is likely not going to work.

Take an active interest in your health. By this I mean do your own research into your health. This was the most important step I took. Believe it or not...your doctor doesn't know everything and isn't going to tell you everything. If you have high blood pressure figure out why you have high blood pressure. If you have high levels of cholesterol, find out why. If a doctor wants you to take something, ask what it is and how it is going to help you out.

There is a lot to think on...but being informed on your health is the best thing that you can do.

And finally...you don't have to change everything at one time. Change one small habit now. And figure out the rest as you progress.

There are many of us here that are in the same boat as you or have been where you are at. There is great collective knowledge in the Cadre!

Back